• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union Sim

ripper868

International Coach
So where does this go from here Heath? Do we continue on random tours or are we amalgamated into a regular competition?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't mind another game but maybe Heath can add in our posts from other rugby threads. I would be happy to volunteer to calculate this and post it to Heath before each game. Unless we get more posts and be more competitive the other teams will thrash us.

Also Heath is our lack of substitutes hurting us?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So where does this go from here Heath? Do we continue on random tours or are we amalgamated into a regular competition?
Wouldn't mind another game but maybe Heath can add in our posts from other rugby threads. I would be happy to volunteer to calculate this and post it to Heath before each game. Unless we get more posts and be more competitive the other teams will thrash us.

Also Heath is our lack of substitutes hurting us?
Well, what I was thinking is if we could get a few more players, then CricketWeb could enter in the Cricsim league competition. I was looking to expand the Cricsim league to 5 teams from the current 4, but that would mean there'd be a Bye, so if CricketWeb could enter a team, then it'd avoid the Bye

CricketWeb's Rugby Union Sim threads would be the equivalent of the Cricsim team subforums; guessing that there's a fair few guys here who couldn't be arsed to join Cricsim for their own private team subforum. That won't be for a couple of months anyway as we're currently mid way through the Cricsim season, so in the meantime I guess we can have a 'friendly' like the last one every few weeks.

cpr

International Coach
TBF I am the halfback and Clapo is the 10 - if we aren't getting the ball there is issues. Goughy got a try, was just one of those days where all the play went to one wing only.

Thats it, only pass it to your mates. I know where I'm not wanted :cry:

ripper868

International Coach
Thats it, only pass it to your mates. I know where I'm not wanted :cry:
Well come off your wing looking for work and you might get some action, I'm sure Clapo will be happy to hit you running a hard inside-out line into the 10 channel.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
For a first time runout it was a success. Nice to get the try and the result doesnt matter really. Great that this is off the ground and running.

HeathDavisSpeed

Definitely in for Season 4. You may need to start thinking about recruiting. In theory, you can sign any Cricsim member for the CricketWeb team, so maybe have a look at who's good in Rugby Sim on Cricsim who also posts on CricketWeb and see if you can convince any of them to join your team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Me.

Sim name is MA Phifteenplus
Fair enough. Second most active player on the team too by the looks of it. Was thinking of possibly signing on for next season (I currently play for one of the other teams - the Spartans) but my position isn't one that needs boosting here.

Johnners

Sok, we'll get 'em next time. Promising start for the combination with Phifteenplus though (y)

Haha, either that or give the kicking duties to the first-five; Heath, were Clapo's goalkicking stats lower than mine?
I have goalkicking stats? (Assuming we're assigned a lowish stat based on position/other attributes even if we didn't put any on sign-up?)

HeathDavisSpeed

I have goalkicking stats? (Assuming we're assigned a lowish stat based on position/other attributes even if we didn't put any on sign-up?)
Nah. You have to choose place kicking in order to get any skill in it. In theory, Somerset's very good indeed, so you shouldn't worry too much. He just had a shocker in that last game.

ripper868

International Coach
Fair enough. Second most active player on the team too by the looks of it. Was thinking of possibly signing on for next season (I currently play for one of the other teams - the Spartans) but my position isn't one that needs boosting here.
We can always use a good Chris Whitaker