• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union Sim

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Definitely in for Season 4. You may need to start thinking about recruiting. In theory, you can sign any Cricsim member for the CricketWeb team, so maybe have a look at who's good in Rugby Sim on Cricsim who also posts on CricketWeb and see if you can convince any of them to join your team.
If I actively target a player it will feel like I am singling out one of the original crew for replacement, so for my part I will just make this open invitation which will hopefully be read by prospective cricsim members who use CW. You are welcome to join if you feel you can definitely improve our line up and chances of winning. It would be good to attract 3-5 guys.
We offer a rock star life style and CW chicks will throw themselves at you.

I guess we need a captain who can sort through any recruitment issues that crop up - I nominate Ripper.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah - your captain should probably be someone who's a member on Cricsim. It doesn't have to be, but it'd probably be useful to have someone who can [be bothered] to go on Cricsim and relay back information about the league tables, upcoming fixtures etc.

The other question is whether any of you want to be eligible for Provincial selection - especially those Queenslanders among you. You're pretty much guaranteed selection in QLD/VIC/NSW games if you're keen.

HeathDavisSpeed

I've given Clapo (who has a Cricsim login) access to the Queensland subforum on there.

Jojo Mustard is pretty much a guaranteed starter for the Queenslanders as they have no full back.

Johnners

Itstl, catch me up here (on Phone, cbf scrolling/reading all previously said), what am I doin on cricsim? Can copy/paste information from cs to cw easy enough if required, be stuffed if I'm to post anything much over there though!

HeathDavisSpeed

Nothing mate. You're just eligible to play games for Queensland, so I've given your login there access to the Queensland subforum if you ever wish to use it. You don't have to and I'm happy for CricketWeb guys to waive their Provincial eligibility if they'd rather not play in extra games.

HeathDavisSpeed

CricketWeb Provincial Eligibilities:

Zinzan Brumby - Great Britain
Insane Bolt - Asia/NZ (NZ until Asia get XV)
Ivan Ryabovol - QLD
Chris Raftery - GB
Double Dong - Asia/VIC (Victoria until Asia get XV)
Jake Howe - GB
Crossfire Hurricane - NZ
Michael Portillo - GB
Kyle Wright - QLD
Os du Toit - RSA (Effectively none as there's only one other Sith Ifrican on Cricsim)
Sam Somerset - NZ
Volt Man - NZ
Bruce Force - GB
Koal Kao - Asia (GB until Asia get XV)
Mark Phifteenplus - QLD

Quaggas

State Captain
CricketWeb Provincial Eligibilities:

Os du Toit - RSA (Effectively none as there's only one other Sith Ifrican on Cricsim)
Like this phonetic spelling - it's more Afrikaans than Seth Effrica, I'd say.

Does this mean I have to switch? How about Asia, to increase my chances of actually playing despite my low post count?

HeathDavisSpeed

You really have a choose a Province that you have a link with. If you're South African, then you should really be South African.

HeathDavisSpeed

Looking to have another match next week, so if there's any more guys keen to sign up then please sign up here.

Also, someone to pick a line up.

HeathDavisSpeed

OK, let me switch to the Golden Lions, since I have no ties to the Free State (unlike Os)
Golden Lions? Is that the Transvaal?

If so, i'll just leave you as South African for now, the chances of us getting more than fifteen sign ups from South African is pretty slim.

Anyone know any posters from rugby forums who might be keen to sign up for this?