• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16 thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Much better and more sensible than the Columbians. As shown by that penalty the Columbian took and hit the post. They threw away the advantage there. Had the player been sensible at that point all the pressure would have been on England..
I do not think these things work like you think they work.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England’s side of the draw has opened up gloriously for them. They’d be favourites to reach the final from here, surely.

smash84

The Tiger King
well played england, defied predictions to choke in this round

congratulations to the english fans

Burner

International Regular
I am most impressed by Uruguay from the few matches I've seen. Would put my money on them going all the way if they can get past France.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
England looked an absolute rabble for the half hour either side of full time - was a classic panic-driven melt down. Colombia really should've made more of some of the chances that fell to them. Still a fair effort by England to right the ship in the 2nd half of extra time and then just about get it done in the shoot-out. Looking forward to the quarterfinal - Sweden have played damn well in this tournament, reckon it's another 55:45 contest in England's favour.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
How much better is England without the underperforming prima donnas of the previous generation?
100 times this. They should all have been binned far earlier than they were. Turns out picking players who don't have massive egos and aren't ****ing past it results in having a better team. Remarkable!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
England looked an absolute rabble for the half hour either side of full time - was a classic panic-driven melt down. Colombia really should've made more of some of the chances that fell to them. Still a fair effort by England to right the ship in the 2nd half of extra time and then just about get it done in the shoot-out. Looking forward to the quarterfinal - Sweden have played damn well in this tournament, reckon it's another 55:45 contest in England's favour.
They were deflated from conceding a goal in the last minute, of course their heads dropped. "Meltdown" is a totally inaccurate way of describing what happened.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It was a bit of a meltdown. They began conceding and fluffing passes and crosses, but then in the second half of extra time they began playing well again so I can only assume that Southgate gave them a dressing down.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It was a bit of a meltdown. They began conceding and fluffing passes and crosses, but then in the second half of extra time they began playing well again so I can only assume that Southgate gave them a dressing down.
"Meltdown"

Noun

1. A disastrous collapse or breakdown."

Nope.