• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16: Croatia v Spain (in Copenhagen, Denmark)

Who will win?

• Croatia

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Spain

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Looks like from everyone's comments I need to stick around for the highlights as I only started watching from 75 mins

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This post aged well.
Perhaps I should confess that I was going to make a post yesterday afternoon along the lines that I wasn't expecting much from the games and wasn't worried about having to miss most of the action. Spain/Croatia was a nailed on 0-0 or 1-0, and France would see off Switzerland 2-0 without having to really exert themselves. In the end I cba to post it, so you'll have to trust me that's how far out I was.

On that basis, Ukraine/Sweden should be a ten goal thriller tonight.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Perhaps I should confess that I was going to make a post yesterday afternoon along the lines that I wasn't expecting much from the games and wasn't worried about having to miss most of the action. Spain/Croatia was a nailed on 0-0 or 1-0, and France would see off Switzerland 2-0 without having to really exert themselves. In the end I cba to post it, so you'll have to trust me that's how far out I was.

On that basis, Ukraine/Sweden should be a ten goal thriller tonight.
My brother popped round to mine about 18.45 and asked why I wasn't watching the game. Told him I'd just finished work and that I wasn't much looking forwards to France/Switzerland as it would be dull.

In my defence the Swiss have been involved in some of the most boring games I've ever seen. I remember one, I think maybe WC06, where they took Ukraine to pens after a snoozefest and even the penalties were boring.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember one, I think maybe WC06, where they took Ukraine to pens after a snoozefest and even the penalties were boring.
Haha, yeah that was probably the worst WC match I've ever seen. Both teams seemed to settle for penalties from about half time of normal time and then it turned out that neither team were any good at them.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That must have been the tournament they were knocked out of without conceding a goal. They've been one of the most defensive teams in Europe for as long as I can remember, I'm still in the habit of thinking of their games as must-avoids.

Seferovic scoring twice was great. He used to be an absolutely dreadful finisher, the player Morata would be if he had bricks for feet. I just checked and he's put up a couple of big goalscoring seasons for Benfica.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, yeah that was probably the worst WC match I've ever seen. Both teams seemed to settle for penalties from about half time of normal time and then it turned out that neither team were any good at them.
Yeah it really is the go to for a famously terrible match, It is pretty much iconic now.