• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Ashes 2021/22

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like Lemon but he's a pretty cynical writer.
I'm struggling to think of a major sporting event that wasn't covered this way before it began. Once it starts all the negativity is immediately forgotten.

Flem274*

123/5
I think their ceilings are very high and are both upright strokeplayers who tend to do well in Australia wickets.
They're two of the worst batsmen I have ever seen play for England.

I'd put Hameed in that bracket too, but they have to pick someone. With Stokes touring I think Pope should bat #3. He's the generational talent of England below Joe Root. Burns and Hameed I guess to open, and Malan to bat like it's white ball (or Bairstow I guess) at #6 away from the moving ball.

I will say they have treated Crawley abysmally. If you're going to pull the international career trigger on a bloke who averages low thirties in County, you better be sure and you better back him. England cowarded out early. Crawley was a wreck at the end, despite showing early rewards against Pakistan.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Boon for Australia with this hack fraud crawling back to England. If we could now just rope in McDermott things would be sweet.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Burns
Hameed
Malan
Root
Pope
Stokes
Buttler
Should be our line up even tho I still don't expect much from them its the best we can do.
Bowlers I have no idea who they should play, I can't see leach doing well, I think wood should play too. Id probably try
8. Woakes
9. Leach
10. Wood
11. Anderson

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Burns
Hameed
Malan
Root
Pope
Stokes
Buttler
Should be our line up even tho I still don't expect much from them its the best we can do.
Bowlers I have no idea who they should play, I can't see leach doing well, I think wood should play too. Id probably try
8. Woakes
9. Leach
10. Wood
11. Anderson
Like you, I'd struggle to name a bowling attack with any confidence.
But I do think that Robinson should play after being comfortably our best bowler against NZ and India.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
But I do think that Robinson should play after being comfortably our best bowler against NZ and India.
Agree, not sure what bowling line up I'd select but I'd pick Robinson for the first Test for sure.

Tom Flint's top 7 looks right, other than Stokes might bat above Pope.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Agree, not sure what bowling line up I'd select but I'd pick Robinson for the first Test for sure.

Tom Flint's top 7 looks right, other than Stokes might bat above Pope.
Yes he has done in the last couple years. I just think we need to give pope the responsibility he is meant to be the future of our batting he can't hide down at 6 he isn't 18 any more. Stokes is an all rounder he should be no 6 and after time out the game it might be for the best anyway

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom, are you going to write to the umpires to see if they can stop Steve Smith leaving the ball in that distracting, provocative manner you find so offensive?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Burns
Hameed
Malan
Root
Pope
Stokes
Buttler
8. Woakes
9. Leach
10. Wood
11. Anderson
Stokes is available?

ImpatientLime

International Regular
omg they're gonna leave out robinson aren't they? the one bloke who might do something in australia with the ball. ffs