• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2011 ODI World Cup

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Players in 92 WC who can still play in 2011
SRT and
Jayasuriya (may be)

96 WC
Murali,
Ponting
Chanderpaul
May be one or two kenyans
that's about it.
So, from the major sides, Tendulkar, Murali, Chanderpaul and, possibly, Jayasuriya. Anyone else who has played in a WC previously will have seen only Australian victories.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
In the past 6 or so months, Australia have beaten Pakistan 3-2, England 6-1, India 4-2 (in India, no small feat), Pakistan 5-0 and 4-0.

Perhaps not all the greatest opposition, but until the Aussies give a reason to suggest they will not win the 2011 world cup, they have my money...

Julian87

State Captain
What I want to ****ing know is why Australia and New Zealand miss out on a world cup that should be theirs considering it is their turn.

Instead we go back to the sub continent where there has been nothing but trouble for the past half decade. Even the Indian Premier League had to be shifted to South Africa and may have to be again. There were terrorist attacks not long ago at all, there are new warnings and the last time an international team played in pakistan they were targets.

Absolute madness and completely unfair to NZ and Aus AFAIC.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What I want to ****ing know is why Australia and New Zealand miss out on a world cup that should be theirs considering it is their turn.

Instead we go back to the sub continent where there has been nothing but trouble for the past half decade. Even the Indian Premier League had to be shifted to South Africa and may have to be again. There were terrorist attacks not long ago at all, there are new warnings and the last time an international team played in pakistan they were targets.

Absolute madness and completely unfair to NZ and Aus AFAIC.
So you'll be giving the WC final to NZ in 2015 then? Sounds fair :happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'll go so far as to say that if NZ ever host a (full) WC by themselves in my lifetime I'll eat my computer.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
It's very possible NZ will host a world cup on its own if ODIs lose relevance and no one wants it but they keep playing WCs anyways for whatever reason.