• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2011 ODI World Cup

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
One year out, who is going to win?

Aus in good form now, but who knows what'll happen in the subcon?

Do people think the IPL will hurt India in that many players will see India as a second home by then?

Will the Saffies choke again?

Personally can't wait.
Won't be favourites, so no. They won't win it but that will be due to not having two spinners of any quality.

India and Sri Lanka should be very difficult to beat.

Craig

World Traveller
Akmal
Butt
Yousuf
Fawad
Umar
Afridi
Razzak
Aamir
Asif
Gul
Ajmal
It doesn't matter. They will only in fight and play like they have played a game of cricket in their lives. I think we can write them off.

(cue somebody to quote this next year)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I have a bad feeling it's going to be Australia yet again. Probably the best ODI side right now and they will have the only players to have ever won a World Cup.
I wonder how many players who play in 2010/11 will have played in a World Cup that has not been won by Australia?

Presuming Tendulkar (who played in 1991/92 and 1995/96) plays, I'll be surprised if he's not the only one.

thierry henry

International Coach
McCullum
Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Elliott
Oram
Vettori
Mills
Tuffey
McKay/Southee/possible batting option
Bond

Possibly our best shot ever of taking out the world cup. Clearly going to lose in the semis to the runner up.
:@

Taylor
Styris
Elliott
Mills
Tuffey
Bond

Gun team, selection (i.e. non-selection of Styris) and injury will prevent it from getting on the park

Craig

World Traveller
I wonder how many players who play in 2010/11 will have played in a World Cup that has not been won by Australia?

Presuming Tendulkar (who played in 1991/92 and 1995/96) plays, I'll be surprised if he's not the only one.
Jayasuriya (providing he gets picked) and Murali?

Cruxdude

International Debutant
While liked the look of the Indian team at around the time of the CB series, we aren't as good now. Unless our bowling improves drastically it is going to be tough. I stil dream of Sachin holding the WC at Mumbai. Would be a dream come true, but don't see that happening actually.

Really hope Kohli comes good and consistent. It would be a big help if he does that. One thing I dread about the WC is mammoth scores in every match and record chases left right and center. The boundaries should be pulled back. It will at least help the Indian bowlers.

As for favourites, hard to look past Australia. The way dealt with Pakistan and WI was exemplary. I am pretty sure if India had played the same 2 series, the best we would have got would be a 3-2 against Pak and 3-1 against WI.

L Trumper

State Regular
Yes, he debuted in 1994. Played in the game where they somehow lost to Kenya in Pune.
Players in 92 WC who can still play in 2011
SRT and
Jayasuriya (may be)

96 WC
Murali,
Ponting
Chanderpaul
May be one or two kenyans
that's about it.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
While liked the look of the Indian team at around the time of the CB series, we aren't as good now. Unless our bowling improves drastically it is going to be tough. I stil dream of Sachin holding the WC at Mumbai. Would be a dream come true, but don't see that happening actually.

Really hope Kohli comes good and consistent. It would be a big help if he does that. One thing I dread about the WC is mammoth scores in every match and record chases left right and center. The boundaries should be pulled back. It will at least help the Indian bowlers.

As for favourites, hard to look past Australia. The way dealt with Pakistan and WI was exemplary. I am pretty sure if India had played the same 2 series, the best we would have got would be a 3-2 against Pak and 3-1 against WI.
The trump for India would be Yuvraj .

The_roc

U19 Captain
It's a batsmans game so you would have to fancy India or Australia. Personally I would go for Australia who have the better bowling attack. The Indian spinners look less and less impressive every time I see them.

Tucked in behind the top 2 are the Saffers and Sri Lanka, who both have match wining batsman.

Outsiders West Indies if Gale works out which end of the bat to hold.