• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravi Ashwin or Ravi Jadeja? Who is the better all-rounder?

Better all-rounder?

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Their current test averages at the time of writing:

Batting:

Ashwin - 29.72 (62 tests)
Jadeja - 31.26 (37 tests)

Bowling:

Ashwin - 25.59 (62 tests)
Jadeja - 23.03 (37 tests)

The numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for Ashwin.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely think Jadeja is the better batsman, always have. Ashwin had somewhat of a purple patch, but a lot of his runs then came against tired attacks after the top order had already fired. Bowling wise it's much of a muchness, Jaddu has the slightly better record but that is partly down to play less tests overseas than Ashwin

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowling wise Ashwin was definitely superior early on. Since the England series at home though Jadeja's had more success with the ball.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd definitely play both of them, even in English conditions.

Currently one would have to give it to Jadeja though. I think the predominance of lefties in England's top order maybe convinced the Indian selectors to go with Ashwin, but I think they missed a trick not having both in the XI.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja probably might end up as the best left arm spinner in history of cricket.

cnerd123

likes this
One day Jadeja doesn't even get nominated in the Top 43 Spinners Of All Time, next he's beating Ashwin in this poll

CW is so fickle

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One day Jadeja doesn't even get nominated in the Top 43 Spinners Of All Time, next he's beating Ashwin in this poll

CW is so fickle
lol I was just thinking this. I swear like a month ago the opinion on Jadeja on here was shockingly low, then one decent game and everyone loves him.

Starfighter

Without sticky wickets?
I don't think that the conditions in England during Underwood's career favoured him any more than the conditions in India recently favour Jadeja. Plus modern non-Asian batsmen, and some even some from there, can't play spin for ****.

mr_mister

haha yeah it's pretty funny. Ashwin having a few poor tests and Ravi having one decent one made a big difference it seems

cnerd123

likes this
I voted on this poll based on current form and my Jaddu fanboyism, but Ashwin clearly has the superior career as an allrounder.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
haha yeah it's pretty funny. Ashwin having a few poor tests and Ravi having one decent one made a big difference it seems
This asks about all rounder. Ashwin clearly is the better bowler. Jadeja is a proper top order batsmen. You don't get hacks scoring multiple triple centuries in FCC. Jadeja is a far better player of pace than Ashwin. As an AR, it's not even close if they play for their full potential.