• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ranking the Bowlers

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Exactly. I voted for him here as well, but in retrospect it's very hard to choose from McGrath, Hadlee and Ambrose. All three have phenomenal records. Then you still have the likes of Warne and old-timers like Barnes in the picture.
I hate you. I hate anyone who doesn't rank McGrath. I hate you.

OK, my PMS is over, but still...it bugs me a little bit when people don't rank him as high just because he doesn't bowl fast like the others, thats all :). Being a metronome is not ***y, but it works. :)

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
I hate you. I hate anyone who doesn't rank McGrath. I hate you.
I rate McGrath and I hate you too. :p
silentstriker said:
OK, my PMS is over, but still...it bugs me a little bit when people don't rank him as high just because he doesn't bowl fast like the others, thats all :). Being a metronome is not ***y, but it works. :)
Are you complaining that people underrate McGrath due to his lack of pace or contending that McGrath has absolutely no competition for the #3 spot?
If it's the former, I can tell you that most knowledgable fans rate McGrath quite highly regardless of his pace. Stop whining.
If it's the latter, that is straight up ridiculous. Ambrose and Hadlee were both arguably as successful as McGrath. They did it everywhere and against everyone as well.
IMO, McGrath only just beats out the other two because he continued to excel in batsman-friendly conditions - it's by no means a "no contest" sort of thing.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
Em, someone care to count the votes and see what it stands at atm. I'm too lazy sorry lol.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
I rate McGrath and I hate you too. :p

Are you complaining that people underrate McGrath due to his lack of pace or contending that McGrath has absolutely no competition for the #3 spot?
Yes, I am complaining that people underrate him because of his lack of pace and I'm saying that though he might have competition at the #1 spot, I don't think he has all that much competition at #3.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Wilfred Rhodes > Any other bowler in history.

But I'll go with Warne because no one else seems to rate Rhodes.

adharcric

International Coach
McGrath tops his teammate. SS, may the celebrations begin? :cool:

The List
1. Malcolm Marshall
2. Muttiah Muralitharan
3. Glenn McGrath

The vote for the #4 bowler of all-time begins now.

The Contenders