• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the 10,000 club

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The following 13 batsman have over 10,000 Test runs. Rank as many or as few as you like. Due to sudden time restraints I've stuck at four until later. There's a hairs breadth between a few of them. The only ones who I don't think I would ever change within this group are the top two.

Sachin Tendulkar
Ricky Ponting
Jacques Kallis
Rahul Dravid
Alastair Cook
Kumar Sangakkara
Brian Lara
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Mahela Jayawardene
Allan Border
Steve Waugh
Sunil Gavaskar
Younis Khan

1. Tendulkar
2. Lara
3. Gavaskar
4. Ponting

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
  1. Sachin Tendulkar
  2. Brian Lara
  3. Sunil Gavaskar
  4. Jacques Kallis
  5. Ricky Ponting
  6. Kumar Sangakkara
  7. Allan Border
  8. Steve Waugh
  9. Rahul Dravid
  10. Younis Khan
  11. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
  12. Mahela Jayawardene
  13. Alastair Cook
#3 to #6 can be in any order, same for #7 to #10

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Younis' reputation I can see rising in the eyes of cricket nerds slowly. Very underappreciated in his playing years mainly because his country's fans have a large contingent of dumbasses who'd rather watch Afridi lob one to long on instead of watching Younis grind a bowling attack to the dust over 2 days. Pakistani fans barely ever bigged him up and its a shame.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Sunil Gavaskar
Kumar Sangakkara
Allan Border
Steve Waugh
Rahul Dravid
Ricky Ponting
Jacques Kallis
Younis Khan
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Alastair Cook
Mahela Jayawardene

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Tendulkar
2. Lara
3. Gavaskar
4. Waugh
5. Border
6. Sangakkara
7. Ponting
8. Kallis
9. Dravid
10. Younis
11. Chanderpaul
12. Cook
13. Jayawardene

trundler

Tendulkar
Lara
Gavaskar
Ponting
Border
Kallis
Waugh
Dravid
Younis
Sangakkara
Chanderpaul
Cook
Jayawardena

Top 4 and bottom 3 standout.

morgieb

Tendulkar
Lara
Gavaskar
Border
Sangakkara
Kallis
Waugh
Ponting
Dravid
Younis
Chanderpaul
Cook
Jayawardene

trundler

Younis' reputation I can see rising in the eyes of cricket nerds slowly. Very underappreciated in his playing years mainly because his country's fans have a large contingent of dumbasses who'd rather watch Afridi lob one to long on instead of watching Younis grind a bowling attack to the dust over 2 days. Pakistani fans barely ever bigged him up and its a shame.
Feel like defensive batsmen grow in stature with time. Flashy but relatively expensive pacers go the other way. Barrington and Border get much more love now whilst in their playing careers guys like May and Miandad were held in higher regard (as far as I know). Roberts, Thomson and Hall have gone the other way.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Brian Lara
Kumar Sangakkara
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Ricky Ponting
Allan Border
Sunil Gavaskar
Younis Khan
Steve Waugh
Jacques Kallis
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Mahela Jayawardene
Alastair Cook

I've probably been a wee bit harsh on Kallis, but he was never a batsman to quicken my pulse.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Obviously Sangakkara and Dravid excite BB. Both above Tendulkar and Ponting? Big call!
It's very much a personal thing.

Dravid was primarily a defensive batsman, but one never got the impression he was a selfish one.

Was very elegant and economical in what he did.

Also a genuine sweetheart, so I am admittedly biased towards him.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Brian Lara
Kumar Sangakkara
Sachin Tendulkar
Sunil Gavaskar
Ricky Ponting
Allan Border
Jacques Kallis
Rahul Dravid
Younis Khan
Steve Waugh
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Alastair Cook
Mahela Jayawardene

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He never quickened the pulse... he slowed and calmed it down, which is what most of us SA spectators loved; else watching the RSA batsmen could cause some serious heart palpitations.
I'd have loved him in my test side without a shadow of doubt. I always thought of IJL Trott as a sort of poor man's Kallis, in fact.

Like the great man Trott seemed to exist in his own bubble and went about his business without being hurried or flustered and was a cooling flannel to the migraine of England's middle order.

However one occasionally got the feeling both played with the heady scent of red ink in their nostrils. Their interests often overlapped with their teams', but not exclusively so.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
However one occasionally got the feeling both played with the heady scent of red ink in their nostrils. Their interests often overlapped with their teams', but not exclusively so.
I never believed this of Kallis, and never will. He took the responsibility on for the first half of his career to ensure SA put a competitive score up. SA batting survived off batting depth and Kallis until the rest of the class came along. By the stage he was able to open up a bit he had spent 10 years reining in his attacking instinct, and he no longer found natural.