• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank current test teams

Gob

International Coach
ftr the reason i said Pakistan win a lot at UAE was because unlike most other teams they don't play much outside the UAE. I also acknowledged their win in SL

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No my original point was about dismissing Pakistan as winning at UAE in an era of home track bullies. I just didn't get that point when it could be said about pretty much every other team other than South Africa and to an extent New Zealand who have the second best away record.
I used Australia as an example to make that point that they're just like everyone else.
Yes they have won in South Africa but then Sri Lanka have won in England where Australia haven't won since 2001.
Well, yes. But Pakistan haven't won in either of those countries. You're sort of defeating your own point here.

OverratedSanity

Also, Gob very clearly said Australia "could be" scary good in a few years time. So you attacking him saying that Australia hadn't won anywhere apart from home was a massive straw man.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah but this round is very clearly going to Gob. BW is arguing something that was not even said in the first place.

I think the problem with rating Pakistan is that they have not played much away from UAE recently and people still remember their lollapses a little too much from when they did tour. I reckon they will be surprisingly good if they toured with the team they have now. But take away Misbah, and I am afraid it may all unravel for them again.

OverratedSanity

The real problem is Misbah is almost done and Younis surely hasn't got long left either. And none of their other batsmen have any overseas experience whatsoever. Amir could completely transform their bowling into a formidable unit if he's as good we all think he can be. But it's all up in the air. Unless they actually tour, it's impossible to tell how much better/worse they'll be overseas compared to the other top countries..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah we kinda already know how **** India, Australia and England are away from home. Pak's case, we do not. Think it is something that is helping their rating in the eyes of most fans ATM, IMO.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah we kinda already know how **** India, Australia and England are away from home. Pak's case, we do not. Think it is something that is helping their rating in the eyes of most fans ATM, IMO.
and if their last trip to SA is anything to go by then they are in deep **** out of the SC (although their last tour of NZ went decent IIRC).

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
BD need to play more Tests; they're definitely better than Zimbabwe no matter what conditions and could definitely run WI tight.
I think the Bangas are legit stronger than the WI now. Don't know the respective rankings but on neutral soil I'd expect Bangladesh to take that matchup.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Just checked that Pakistan will tour England in July 2016. No news from Misbah yet about retirement. There is no other Test scheduled for Pakistan in between. Guessing Misbah will tour England (or at least thinking about playing in England) otherwise don't see why he has not retired yet from Tests.

smash84

The Tiger King
Just checked that Pakistan will tour England in July 2016. No news from Misbah yet about retirement. There is no other Test scheduled for Pakistan in between. Guessing Misbah will tour England (or at least thinking about playing in England) otherwise don't see why he has not retired yet from Tests.
he was 'convinced" recently by the PCB not to hang up his boots yet. That he should carry on until the Eng (and possibly Aus tour)

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
My rankings:

1. SA
2. Aus
3. NZ
4. India
5. England
6. Pakistan
7. Bangladesh
8. Sri Lanka
9. WI
10. Zim

2-6 are very close, probably all would win at home.

Looking forward to taking the toss away. As much as I enjoy the tradition the way pitches are being prepared just makes it stupid. The home side has too large an advantage.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
My rankings:

1. SA
2. Aus
3. NZ
4. India
5. England
6. Pakistan
7. Bangladesh
8. Sri Lanka
9. WI
10. Zim

Looking forward to taking the toss away. As much as I enjoy the tradition the way pitches are being prepared just makes it stupid. The home side has too large an advantage.
Pakistan and Sri Lanka both too low and (unfortunately performance-wise) gotta say NZ too high

Zinzan

My rankings:

1. SA
2. Aus
3. NZ
4. India
5. England
6. Pakistan
7. Bangladesh
8. Sri Lanka
9. WI
10. Zim

You seen much of Pakistan of late or is that just based on preconceptions?

OverratedSanity

I think 5-6 teams are so close together in terms of actual quality that any ranking will end up having a team too high and a team too low.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If you are reliant on the toss to have home advantage then it isnt really home advantage.
No.

The home team banks on winning the game where they win the toss and escaping with a draw from the game(s) where they lose the toss.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
You seen much of Pakistan of late or is that just based on preconceptions?
The last I saw of them was the BCs in the UAE. At the time I didn't think Pak would beat the BCs on neutral ground (UAE doesn't count as neutral), much less in NZ. Have they improved?

Flem274*

123/5
South Africa (with the gap closing)
Australia-England-New Zealand-India-Pakistan
Sri Lanka

West Indies-Bangladesh (I want to see a series between them right now)

Zimbabwe

OverratedSanity

SL are below the rest of that cluster imo. Big question marks over their batting and Herath doesn't have much time left.