• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rachin -The Kiwi wonderkid

Howsie

International Captain
And even then, I don't think he 'worked it out'...he lobbed him in as a place holder in a 15-a-side game for Kane and it happened to work.

All of us CWers can pat ourselves on the back, now truly certain we know better than a national coach.
Yeah, he didn’t make a call to get him up there for the first choice XI or anything. He was there as a temp for Williamson. Stead is still the biggest gumbo in world cricket.

You see an innings like that and you have to wonder how inept a coach has to be to have him behind the likes of Bowes, Nicholls, Allen and Seifert.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, he didn’t make a call to get him up there for the first choice XI or anything. He was there as a temp for Williamson. Stead is still the biggest gumbo in world cricket.

You see an innings like that and you have to wonder how inept a coach has to be to have him behind the likes of Bowes, Nicholls, Allen and Seifert.
a big day for howsie

Howsie

International Captain
😂

Seifert if anything has gone backwards the last 2-3 years, definitely hasn’t improved anyway. I’ve been of that train for a little while

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain

Oh god you just reminded me of Bowes playing all those games ahead of him lol.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Should get there if he plays about 60. Only 23 all should have a decade long career at least. Reckon he could do it.
Enough to make Goughy sweat. Its insane Kane played about 30 tests by this point(for how little we play)

ashley bach

International Captain
I'm guessing by the comments of those who know more about coaching than I do that this is indeed unusual, both the kids linked to by Xu and As.

I guess we'll have someone to look-out for in 10 years' time. Or maybe not, as they might both go off cricket completely in 4 years' time and start doing something else. :)

As said - interesting, certainly, but not neccessarily any big predictions.
W R O N G
R
O
N
G

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder where he'll bat in the upcoming test series, and if his role will be that of a genuine all-rounder or if he'll favour a certain discipline?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder where he'll bat in the upcoming test series, and if his role will be that of a genuine all-rounder or if he'll favour a certain discipline?
That is the key thing. What role will he have?

Conway
Latham
Williamson
Nicholls
Mitchell
Rachin
Blundell

Would that be the place for him at 6 to start with?