• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rabada vs Starc

Rabada vs Starc

• Total voters

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Simple, to the point question. Who is a better fast bowler among these two? You can also vote for who you think will end with the better career, rather than just going on their present achievements.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Captains would give an arm to have both on their team. Starc is more watchable, but Rabada has multiple gears to him.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Rabada, because less injury-prone
Come to think of it, has he even been injured since his debut in 2015? though the guy's a machine for the sheer lack of injuries anyway

I think Rabada is definitely more dangerous in Tests than ODI's. Starc has improved in the test format though. Currently I think Starc is the better bowler. Personally, I hope by the end of both of their careers that they will considered the ATG's of their generation.

Off topic, but the comparison I've been observing so far is Mustafizur and Rabada. Both young lads, both debuted in the same series, both made an immediate impact, both hailed as future great fast bowlers of their respective countries. It's a shame Mustafizur hasn't had many test matches to play since 2015, and even more unlucky that he's in the midst of injury recovery during Bangladesh's recent Test schedule.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Mustafizur is as talented as Rabada but he would be lucky to achieve even half of what Rabada will. Starc is not that good in tests, I feel he really tries to bowl too many magic deliveries, so he takes some really good looking wickets but doesn't take enough medium/soft ones.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Starc made his debut in 2011
Rabada made his debut in 2015

The very fact that they are in the same conversation as test bowlers tells you the story pretty much about how fast Rabada has come up and how Starc's growth as a test bowler has not been what it should have been.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Rabada is much more versatile so I'd take him to lead an attack. Starc only really does one thing (unplayable magic 150kph stump-****ers), but he does it well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Starc made his debut in 2011
Rabada made his debut in 2015

The very fact that they are in the same conversation as test bowlers tells you the story pretty much about how fast Rabada has come up and how Starc's growth as a test bowler has not been what it should have been.
Starc's been averaging sub-25 since Rabada's debut as well, tbf.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rabada is much more versatile so I'd take him to lead an attack. Starc only really does one thing (unplayable magic 150kph stump-****ers), but he does it well.
Have to say he is the one I am looking forward to seeing most in England most this summer. I fear he will tear us a new one but boy will he be entertaining to watch.