• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quote Quiz

stumpski

International Captain
The following are examples of batty cricketers conversing with their equipment. Who are they, and with what piece of equipment are they talking?

1. "Are you going to be a good pal today?"

2. "Kiss me, sweetheart! It’s up to you now."

No-one had a go at these, did they ... I would guess that the first was talking to his 'box' though, and the second to his helmet.

Is one of them David 'Bumble' Lloyd?

pasag

RTDAS
Michael Vaughan - described thus by Piers Morgan in the Guardian. Though it was during a poor run of losing the toss and not because of his offensive personality.
Correct context, but wrong English captain (although a quick google search does in fact confirm something very similar said about Vaughan as well.)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done, Cornstalks, whipt us
Fair and square
Was it luck that tripped us?
Was it scare?
Kangaroo land's "Demon", or our own
Want of devil, coolness, nerve, backbone?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
As there isn't currently an active quote, I'll throw in this one. It wasn't quite meant to portray what was actually said.

"Nassar Hussein has been sleeping with Graham Thorpe."