• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I for one am devastated not to satisfy whatever arbitrary (and yet obviously very authoritative) definition of intelligence that's been contrived here
yeah you are clearly not the intellectual messiah you think you are...let that be a lesson for you!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Serious question, UC, will your book make Economics interesting to read?

Taken on a new meaning since last year unfortunately. :(
Heh, if you hate economics then maybe not? But I think economics being boring is a kind of accident of history. The big economic questions are undeniably interesting but it tends to be taught in a very dull way.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
...mate, I have 150 people reporting to me and some of them are PhDs and engineers. I have been in a line of work for almost 2 decades where I've had to deal with highly educated people. Yes, some of them make you wonder how they ever got past high school, some others are very obviously sharp but just need a guiding hand and some real world experience, while another subset graduate fully cooked so to speak and ready to hit the ground running. In my job, I have to keep a keen eye on who I am dealing with, as putting the wrong person in an important role could have horrible long lasting consequences...
That's a very long-winded way of agreeing with my statement - "Smartness doesn't come from writing books and completing PhDs."

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
he was a fascist lol why are you mourning him you jew hating investment banker...oh i see yes that does make sense
A mod to kindly tell me if the above language is ok. I am asking only because I don't see what happens to my reports. If I don't get a response from a mod indicating whether the above language is ok or not, I shall assume it is permissible and many people will be happy to know in that case this will be my last post on cw. @James @Dan @Prince EWS @nightprowler10 @Teja. @Fusion @Magrat Garlick