• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh, Aussie has done no differently, in this incarnation, then a poster who made over 80k of interminable posts. If It's consistency you want, then he must stay for another 63k,. Can't wait.

harsh.ag

the exchange rate on ***** likes is horrendous. they're like zimbabwean dollars
Yeah, but, thanks to aussie, he's gotten in the habit of digging up old threads and spreading his likes there. That's potentially 13000 likes for fred. Not a bad deal.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I miss the days when Site Discussion was the best place to hang out on this forum. We need a few multis and an international flame war to revive those glory days.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This is no coincidence to me & the site owner James Nixon can testify to the fact that I predicted him the moment I came back to be on the look out because there are certain posters here who seemingly have astonishing internet beef with me based on debate conversations from 5 years ago, who I forgot even existed that resorted straight to personal attacks the moment I started posting again haha.

Thus my words have come to past, so while I was actually beginning to wonder if my reports were being checked - the banning of ***** by the moderators clearly shows they have been monitoring and is an extremely fair decision. Suggesting its a double standard by the moderators is total nonsense and it shows that certain members have taken their bias towards things relating to me to another level, since its quite obvious people were happy for ***** and others like him to continue their trolling attempts to get me banned - only for it to backfire on him quite humourously :D

Overall its a nice little warning to other posters like him who around and want to turn even cricket/football interaction with me into personal tirades.

NOTE: All them members who holding internet grudges from 5 years ago - I don't need to do this, but to for peace sake (and I'm not hoping and expecting you to accept this offer) I am sorry.
Bolded part kind of contradicts itself.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bolded part kind of contradicts itself.
Not necessarily. Aussie could mean that at the exact moment of his arrival, he had predicted that his aura, much like 5 years ago, would cause a significant impact with members from a bygone era.

Lay off anyway, he isn't a bloody writer FFS.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not necessarily. Aussie could mean that at the exact moment of his arrival, he had predicted that his aura, much like 5 years ago, would cause a significant impact with members from a bygone era.

Lay off anyway, he isn't a bloody writer FFS.
So you heard it, then repeated it, that must mean you wrote it?

HeathDavisSpeed

I remember the heady days of 5 years ago when recent new member ***** had an issue with aussie's posting. Those bitter, bitter lemons that ***** must have been hoarding over that 5 year period to have an issue with said poster on his return.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I stopped posting on this site and didn't look here for almost six years until a month ago & I'd do it again if needed.
Looking at the Ban Announcements thread a two year ban was put in place on 29th October 2010. That's five years give or take a day or two prior to this return. If you didn't look at the site for "almost 6 years" that suggests that for almost a year prior to the ban you were posting on the site without looking at it. That could explain a great deal.

fredfertang

Looking at the Ban Announcements thread a two year ban was put in place on 29th October 2010. That's five years give or take a day or two prior to this return. If you didn't look at the site for "almost 6 years" that suggests that for almost a year prior to the ban you were posting on the site without looking at it. That could explain a great deal.
Cheap shot - didn't realise you were a barrister LT