• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PwC is no more

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
After 18 years, PwC no longer sponsor the ratings.

The good thing though appears to be that the ICC are now promoting them as official ratings!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just noticed this myself. Good to know that the ICC are promoting them as official ratings.

C_C

International Captain
Good riddance.
Its annoying to see such a flawed rating system dominate the cricketing opinions to such a degree.

Slow Love™

International Captain
C_C said:
Good riddance.
Its annoying to see such a flawed rating system dominate the cricketing opinions to such a degree.
Surely that will be even more the case if the ICC is now promoting them as official rankings...

NA

Cricket Spectator
I found this out as well, just a day after they said to check back later for updates for the SA-England 4th Test and Bangladesh-Zim series. Went to the ICC site, but could find nothing relating to player ratings. Anyone know the link? Cheers.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
El Russo said:
I found this out as well, just a day after they said to check back later for updates for the SA-England 4th Test and Bangladesh-Zim series. Went to the ICC site, but could find nothing relating to player ratings. Anyone know the link? Cheers.
www.cricketratings.com links directly to the site. I have checked and it looks like it hasn't been updated yet. It also looks like the ODI ratings have disappeared.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I imagine the changeover is taking some time because the ICC are working out more ways to punish players for minor things wholst ignoring major issues!

C_C

International Captain
well i dont pay attention to rankings...all of them are pretty bogus.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I have been skeptical occasionally about their ranking system, but they have been regarded for several years as the most reliable ranking system, and hence had grown to accept it !!

I am not sure that ICC can do a better ranking system than the World's leading number crunchers !! (Price Waterhouse Coopers that is, being the leading Accounting and Management Consultants world wide! Although their competitors such as Anderson Consulting, Deloitte Tohmatsu, KPMG etc may dispute this ! :D :D )

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
JASON said:
I have been skeptical occasionally about their ranking system, but they have been regarded for several years as the most reliable ranking system, and hence had grown to accept it !!

I am not sure that ICC can do a better ranking system than the World's leading number crunchers !! (Price Waterhouse Coopers that is, being the leading Accounting and Management Consultants world wide! Although their competitors such as Anderson Consulting, Deloitte Tohmatsu, KPMG etc may dispute this ! :D :D )
There's not any change in the formula :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
They don't back up his pre-formed notions about the game. For example, the ratings might at one point or another indicate that the best bowler in the world is someone other than the one with the lowest average.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
A quick Q, how come Ian Bell, who has played one innings has a highest rating of 403, whilst Geriant Jones, whilst having a lean time lately, has scored a test hundred and more, has a highest rating of 392. How come Bell's innings of 70 gave him such a high rating but Jones' hundred didnt?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I assume it's to do with the fact Jones had played prior games?

Also Bell's came in a much lower scoring game in a lower team effort.

C_C

International Captain
PwC works in mysterious ways that define logic and they are not consistent according to their own rules.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
My dad works for PwC :p But he is has nothing to do with the section that does that. his a solicitar ( how ever you spell it!)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Michael Clarke is just about "World Class" by many people's definitions... Just about in the top 20 batsmen in the world. :D