• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proposed Changes in CW Awards

Are you in favor of the proposed changes?

• Total voters

adharcric

International Coach
As things stand ...

21 - 14 against Open up the Skull to OT

23 - 12 for Add a New Award for OT

Suppose, for the moment, that we go ahead with the second proposal and add a new award for OT. What should this award be?

Open for discussion.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Went for keeping them as they are, but I'd be cool with awards for OT. Don't think that the current awards should be opened to OT though, new ones should be the go IMO.
I think there should be a separate awards thread altogether for OT. And it should be posted in OT.
These two posts say pretty well everything I would.

If any OT Award were introduced, in any form whatsoever, I'd be no use as a judge as I only read a small portion of the forum.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Voted to keep things how they are. The Skull should be cricket-related, at least to the extent that it occurred in a CC conversation. And an OT award just wouldn't work IMO...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Keep them as they are. It'll be too much work for the award-givers, otherwise, and there's been a fair bit of turnover in their "staff" over the past few months anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As things stand ...

21 - 14 against Open up the Skull to OT

23 - 12 for Add a New Award for OT

Suppose, for the moment, that we go ahead with the second proposal and add a new award for OT. What should this award be?

Open for discussion.
Haha, wow - the exact opposite to what I voted.

Anyway, if we do have an award for OT, I think it should be for the best thread in there. Having to scour the whole OT forum could be a bit much for whoever gives out the award, but if they only had to recognise the best thread idea, it'd be easier and could work fairly well IMO. We could call it the David Lloyd award in recognition of his off-topic tangents while commentating.

archie mac

International Coach

Anyway, if we do have an award for OT, I think it should be for the best thread in there. Having to scour the whole OT forum could be a bit much for whoever gives out the award, but if they only had to recognise the best thread idea, it'd be easier and could work fairly well IMO. We could call it the David Lloyd award in recognition of his off-topic tangents while commentating.
I like the 'Bubble' idea:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

The question, though, is how many people who visit CC-posted Awards threads would be interested in that?

If we have Awards related to OT, for me, it only makes sense to post them in OT.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think you might be surprised. There's one hell of a lot who post in OT and virtually never in CC.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
I post mainly in OT but I read nearly everything in CC.
I just never have anything valuable to contribute to CC so I keep shtum.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just rename our awards as the CW - CC awards and get the ones who are regular in OT to start their own awards. IT will help split things up and also, OT should deserve more than the 1 award as it is easily the most active forum in CW.

But I guess posting the OT award/awards here will help ppl like me who don't get time to check out OT at all..... WE will get to know the best of OT rather easily, I guess.