• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proposed Changes in CW Awards

Are you in favor of the proposed changes?

• Total voters

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
That's certainly an interesting suggestion... I think we tend to incorporate that into the Agarkar\Mohammed sometimes, or at least Gelman certainly did. He gave it to sideshowtim in one case, for instance, and he'd certainly be up there for an Award of the nature you suggest any week he posted.

I wouldn't mind it at all, but I get a bit wary about having too many Awards (and so do Akhil and Sean)... I wonder what everyone thinks about that, too.
Well, I think it would not be bad if there were 2 or 3 more awards but if noone gets an award, instead of saying, "no award this week", don't mention it, so there are less shown per awards post.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's an interesting proposition... certainly worth thinking about. Or at least, just list the no-Award-this-weeks at the foot of the post.

Or maybe have some post explaining all the Awards, linked to (as most of us skip that as we've already read it and just note who's won this week) in each Awards post and just have a list of winners?

All worth considering. :)

pasag

RTDAS
Separate OT awards will never work and the only reason these awards work is because of Archie, imo. I don't mind either way with including OT in skull tbh but nothing more than that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dunno, these are cricket awards, and should focus on cricket humor and cricket topics. Off Topic is quite funny at times, but in the end, this is a cricketing forum.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone like Cass or Mitchell would win my vote, if they'd be interested.

Or even sledger.
I need to get to know more of you blokes outside this forum so I know real names as opposed to screen names - I've got no idea who Cass or Mitchell are! :huh: