• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions

Howe_zat

Audio File
When it kept raining miday through the CT, howe tried to defend the scheduling saying that it usually doesn’t rain in England in June
My point about that was that despite the strength of the protestations, not a single one of the moaners had called any matches as rained off before the tournament, and people are almost always wrong when they try. Yet people wanna just strut about pretending they're smarter than the organisers 'cause it makes them feel big or something

I remember a few months after that there was a tour in Asia (Bangladesh iirc) where people actually did moan about the scheduling ahead of time, only for there to be no interruptions.

A tournament organised by some fans going on gut feel would be crap

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't predict the exact games that will be washed out, but I'm confident quite a big % of games will be rain affected across the tournament. I'm predicting a record!

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't predict the exact games that will be washed out, but I'm confident quite a big % of games will be rain affected across the tournament. I'm predicting a record!
That's a pretty strong prediction. You are almost always wrong if you try predicting that it rains in England in June.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My point about that was that despite the strength of the protestations, not a single one of the moaners had called any matches as rained off before the tournament, and people are almost always wrong when they try. Yet people wanna just strut about pretending they're smarter than the organisers 'cause it makes them feel big or something

I remember a few months after that there was a tour in Asia (Bangladesh iirc) where people actually did moan about the scheduling ahead of time, only for there to be no interruptions.

:lol:

Starfighter

:laugh:

That's not quite how it read at the time...

Daemon

Nah it was clear and a valid point, it’s just that the timing was really bad, iirc there were a couple of games that were washed out right after

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You've got a lot of faith mate. Every second game in the area has been rain affected the last few weeks
England have so far played 6 home internationals this summer with 1 rained off.

The Royal London had 72 group games with 3 rained off.

Not sure how you define every second game but 4 out of 78 isn't it.

mr_mister

I'm talking about all the these ODIs in Ireland and Scotland that have been washouts.

I know they're separate countries but they're not a far distance away from each other. Enough to make me assume it's essentially one climate

flibbertyjibber

I'm talking about all the these ODIs in Ireland and Scotland that have been washouts.

I know they're separate countries but they're not a far distance away from each other. Enough to make me assume it's essentially one climate
Scotland and Ireland always get crap weather though.

BSM

U19 Cricketer

Yeah you'd think that but no. For some reason Ireland and Scotland tend to be a lot more rainy than the rest of the UK.

England is still pretty bad but there shouldn't be too much games dictated by rain delays. I've probably jinxed it now though

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

Pretty sure more than 3 games in the cup got affected by rain. Probably 3 had no result but the other games had rain interruptions. I was playing fantasy during the Royal London cup and almost always had to factor rain while selecting the team.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pretty sure more than 3 games in the cup got affected by rain. Probably 3 had no result but the other games had rain interruptions. I was playing fantasy during the Royal London cup and almost always had to factor rain while selecting the team.
There were still only 11 settled by DLS so a far cry from the 1 in 2 claim.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I predict Wahab Riaz to have a horror tournament, be easily the worst bowler in the entire World Cup. He will be going at 8s and over every game he plays