• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential International Trades

Flem274*

123/5
Give me Rahane. I don't care that we have a middle order, I want this ******* in the NZ team.

We'll give you Auckland. All of it. You even get two Indian spinners and an Indian opener out of it, plus half of South Africa and Zimbabwe.

Flem274*

123/5
Give me Rahane. I don't care that we have a middle order, I want this ******* in the NZ team.

We'll give you Auckland. All of it. You even get two Indian spinners and an Indian opener out of it, plus half of South Africa and Zimbabwe.

And since when did the word best used to describe the C9 commentary box that begins with s and ends with c get filtered?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Assuming you'd prefer to open with McCullum then, otherwise someone like Brathwaite would be a better option than Rahane if you're looking at the current NZ set-up. Opening with Latham, leaving our 3,4 & 5 the way it is.

OverratedSanity

I'd consider trading Rahane for Southee. Maybe. I love Rahane, but man, a quality strike bowler would help us. Our batting lineup would be half as much fun to watch though.

Daemon

I'd consider trading Rahane for Southee. Maybe. I love Rahane, but man, a quality strike bowler would help us. Our batting lineup would be half as much fun to watch though.
you'd 'consider'? i'd take it immediately. he would instantly become india's greatest ever fast bowler.

Teja.

Global Moderator

Nah, Rahane is my favourite cricketer in the whole world and has the most potential for any batsman under 30, IMO.

Wait, is Athlai from auckland? I'd be sorely tempted then..

Spark

Global Moderator
you'd 'consider'? i'd take it immediately. he would instantly become india's greatest ever fast bowler.
rahane is special though. you'd be mad to trade him for anyone but an on-track atg, which southee isn't quite imo. that's how good he is.

OverratedSanity

rahane is special though. you'd be mad to trade him for anyone but an on-track atg, which southee isn't quite imo. that's how good he is.
With our bowling attack though....we'd take a damn good fast bowler for pretty much anyone in the team. Logically that's what would make us a far better team.

Daemon

It doesn't matter that Rahane > Southee, what Southee brings to our side far outweighs losing Rahane.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Simplest way to think about whether it would be worth it:

Is the difference between Southee and India's third best seamer at the moment (Shami?) bigger than the difference between Rahane and Rohit?

cnerd123

likes this
Simplest way to think about whether it would be worth it:

Is the difference between Southee and India's third best seamer at the moment (Shami?) bigger than the difference between Rahane and Rohit?
Mate even the difference between Southee and Atul Sharma isn't bigger than the difference between Rahane and Rohit atm.

Howsie

International Captain
Hmmm Rahane isn't THAT good guys. Southee is better and holds more value to either team.
Indeed. 94 wickets @ 24 since his recall in mid 2012, doing the business all over the world. As good as Rahane is and will be you'd never trade a bowler that good for a single batsman IMO.