• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Australia, Wales, Georgia, Fiji, Uruguay

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Total voters

ripper868

International Coach
Cracking match.

Fair play to Wales, that Davies intercept...

Why Foley was anywhere near this team has me beat.

Howe_zat

Audio File
How on earth was that not checked?
I was surprised that was not checked either... seemed almost an automatic check nowadays.
I'm surprised it wasn't checked but from this still it looks fine, or at least borderline.

He's allowed in front for the last defender as soon as the scrum half picks it up, and here he's in line with the last Welshman with the ball in Genia's hands.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Apologies for my outbursts...I've blown a couple of gaskets...still think Kerevi hard done by...Patchell horrid technique...Hope Biggar osnt horribly injured.

Spark

Global Moderator
Great match. More composed, discipline side won in the end so it's hard to say the result wasn't reflective of the game as a whole.

Toomua to start pls despite the greediness at the end of the game.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Great match. More composed, discipline side won in the end so it's hard to say the result wasn't reflective of the game as a whole.

Toomua to start pls despite the greediness at the end of the game.
Agree and while this may well come back to bite me I don't think either side is a world cup winner right now. Two flawed teams.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm surprised it wasn't checked but from this still it looks fine, or at least borderline.

He's allowed in front for the last defender as soon as the scrum half picks it up, and here he's in line with the last Welshman with the ball in Genia's hands.
Yeah that's fair enough. Just amazed it wasn't checked at all.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree and while this may well come back to bite me I don't think either side is a world cup winner right now. Two flawed teams.
Not sure how many people would have us or Wales are genuine contenders before the tournament started ITBT.

Some frustrating play last 15 minutes, just didn't quite keep our heads enough.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not sure how many people would have us or Wales are genuine contenders before the tournament started ITBT.

Some frustrating play last 15 minutes, just didn't quite keep our heads enough.
I know it's tactically unsound but I do wonder whether Aus should have gone for the lineout when they got that scrum penalty 20 out with 10 to go. Hard to blame them for doing the sensible thing, but I do feel that in that situation possession is 9/10ths of the law when it comes to the lead and Australia would have been better off hoping to defend a 1 point lead than snatch one at the death.

Flem274*

123/5
that was a fun game. ripper is bang on, that kerevi fend was a poite penalty. he and jerome are the two worst referees in the world by a mile. whenever you have a french ref they're a true chaotic neutral.

Burgey

Can someone explain to me how you have four years to get your combos together for a WC, then for the actual pool game which is going to determine your path through the tourney you change your fullback, 5/8 and 1/2 from game one? It’s an omnishambles.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Can someone explain to me how you have four years to get your combos together for a WC, then for the actual pool game which is going to determine your path through the tourney you change your fullback, 5/8 and 1/2 from game one? It’s an omnishambles.
just terrible

ripper868

International Coach
Because tactics. DHP better suited at 15 than Beale to deal with Biggar's kicking game. Genia outplayed White in the Fiji match so earned the spot, everything was backwards v Fiji until he turned it around.

Picking Foley I've got no ****ing clue though, that's just Cheika being ****.

The confusion comes from a lack of standout player in the key positions as well, we've been blessed with wallaby teams that picked themselves in the past as 10/15 of the team were world class (Think back to likes of Gregan, Larkham, Horan, Little, Mortlock, Herbert, Tune, Burke, Latham, Roff, Kefu, Eales, Giffin, Kearns, Smith, Wilson, Ofahengaue, McKenzie, Daly, Crowley, Noriega, Paul, Waugh, Lyons, Latham, heck even Grey).

Now we be lucky to say 3 of the team are must pick...at a stretch. (Kerevi, Pocock, Hooper).

Essentially, the cattle at the farm lacks quality, and the suppliers are thin on the ground.

Edit: oh and Cheika lacking an ability to create a plan B

Flem274*

123/5
there are actually people who think only one of pocock and hooper can be on the field at once

these people are mad

a lot of the most egregious rubbish has been the fault of foley. toomua should start.

kepu loves a needless penalty too.

the big bambino

International Captain
My word but they love reffing the **** out of the Wallabies don't they? Amazing that a bloke is penalised for effectively defending himself from a high shot. Then almost immediately afterwards they don't ref the offside. Sure the Wallabies made blunders and have a lot wrong in the administration, coaching, selection and playing staff but that's 10 points right there and effective elimination from the tournament.

Burgey

Why didn't Lealiifano play yesterday? I switched it on midway through the first half by accident because my bluetooth speaker had run out of juice and therefore ended the 90s countdown I was listening to, so understandably I was already annoyed at having to put up with the downturn in entertainment and wasn't across the selections. But his exclusion strikes me as baffling tstl. Wasn't he one of the better performers in the home season?