• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Australia, Wales, Georgia, Fiji, Uruguay

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Total voters

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow we got lucky with the pool distribution. Fiji could be dangerous and Wales are good but Georgia and Uruguay should be easybeats.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, Fiji and Georgia are both decent, but they'll be scrabbling for a distant 3rd place spot here. Aus and Wales are imperfect sides, but they're a substantial cut above the rest. Still better than the NZ/SA pool. What a waste of time that will be.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Oh man I have no idea if it can last but Fiji have taken Australia to the cleaners in this opening 10 minutes. Winning the hits, winning the breakdown, and a bit of magic on the outside to score.

0-8 to the islanders so far

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah that's made my mind up, it definitely won't last. If Fiji can't hold up a scrum then they will keep conceding since they try to offfload everything and knock it on.

But it was a beautiful 10 minutes

Spark

Global Moderator
I've seen almost no rugby in like two years but Australia still have the same lack of basic skill discipline as ever, it seems

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah that's made my mind up, it definitely won't last. If Fiji can't hold up a scrum then they will keep conceding since they try to offfload everything and knock it on.

But it was a beautiful 10 minutes
It does have the "Aus runs over an exhausted Fiji in the last 20" feel but Fiji look much the more dangerous side to me still

ripper868

International Coach
Fiji making all sorts of problems, Australia doing their best to throw it away...dumb decision after dumb decision right now

ripper868

International Coach
Fiji look organised and strong in defence as well, Aus almost seem surprised when not busting through the first tackle of 6'5 Fijian muscle.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Fiji do brilliantly to turn Aus over again, then keep charging in on a secure ruck and gift away a penalty.

Rough with the smooth, innit

Howe_zat

Audio File
Fiji will want to get it out asap for half time. Aus look the business all of a sudden.

~

Every match should have gongs.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dumb decisions have been hurting Australia. Still think we'll win though, especially given that Fiji looked to run out of steam later in that half.