• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool B - Argentina, England, Georgia, Romania, Scotland

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Argentina a mile off side for Parks' attempted drop goal
Thought the same myself, surprised more wasn't made of it.

Really gripping match, pretty courageous from Argentina given they seemed to be suffering injuries to crucial players every 5 minutes. Brilliant try, the footwork was sensational. Just 4 tries in 3 matches for Scotland now and only England to play - so much for my tip that they'd be a team to look out for!

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was a brilliant try, add in the situation of the match and Argentina staring at exit it makes it even better.

Not been many good games so far but Argentina have been involved in 2 of the best.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just watching the replay now. Horror show from Barnes. Was literally yards off.
Going by the image stills posted online, he wasn’t offside. Barnes officiating of the breakdown was awful but seems like the right decision was made there.

Tough **** for the Scots but at least it sets up the England game.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Well done Argentina, another wonderful game of close rugby.

Scotland are gone even if Scotland beat England I'd say. Can anyone seriously see Scotland beating England with 4 tries, and Argentina missing out on a bonus point against Georgia? Not going to happen is it.

Sets up an interesting quarter-final for the All Blacks. Especially if conditions are similar to tonight for it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Was at the game tonight. Thankfully, despite the fact that it was pissing down all game, it was pretty still so as long as you were undercover things weren't too bad. Brilliant from the argies, made even more hilarious by the fact that that was the only time in the match that they managed to string more than about 3 phases together. Tough on Scotland who looked the better side, hope they give there fans something to smile about before they go home.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm yes Scotland are pretty much boned with the tie-breakers in use (head to head between tied teams is first). Although I'd be surprised if Argentina trounced Georgia, I think that game will be relatively hard fought.

centurymaker

International Captain
Well done Argentina, another wonderful game of close rugby.

Scotland are gone even if Scotland beat England I'd say. Can anyone seriously see Scotland beating England with 4 tries, and Argentina missing out on a bonus point against Georgia? Not going to happen is it.

Sets up an interesting quarter-final for the All Blacks. Especially if conditions are similar to tonight for it.
Assuming that there won't be too many tries- here's the permutations/possibilities

If Scotland beat England by more than 7 points then they WILL go through and England will go home! (Argentina will have to win with a bonus point though-- likely)

If they win by just 1-7 points then England will finish 1st and Argentina 2nd (that answers weeman's question)

Argentina are almost through. The only way they can be elimitated is if they fail to win by a bonus point against Georgia and Scotland get a bonus point win over England.

Rule-
If two teams end up with equal points then the team that has won the game between each other goes through.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Assuming that there won't be too many tries- here's the permutations/possibilities

If Scotland beat England by more than 7 points then they WILL go through and England will go home! (Argentina will have to win with a bonus point though-- likely)

If they win by just 1-7 points then England will finish 1st and Argentina 2nd (that answers weeman's question)

Argentina are almost through. The only way they can be elimitated is if they fail to win by a bonus point against Georgia and Scotland get a bonus point win over England.

Rule-
If two teams end up with equal points then the team that has won the game between each other goes through.
Yup thats the way I see it too. Scotland don't need to win with four tries, just a win by more than 7 would be fine, so long as Argentina don't stuff up against Georgia and fail to get the victory plus a bonus point. Although I think thats extremely doubtful that Scotland will win by such a margin given their performances so far and complete lack of try-scoring ability.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Scotland haven't beaten england by more than 7 points since 1986.
I'm away to find out the odds on England scoring a drop goal or penalty with the last kick of the game to take the deficit within 7. Seems set for another glorious Scottish sporting failure.

Howe_zat

Audio File
What happens if all three teams contrive to end up on 15 points, given that they've all beaten each other once?

Edit: sounds like it should be points difference, in which case Scotland ought to lose out.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
What happens if all three teams contrive to end up on 15 points, given that they've all beaten each other once?

Edit: sounds like it should be points difference, in which case Scotland ought to lose out.
Yeh points difference is the tie breaker when you've got three teams each with a win and and a loss against the respective others.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** me what a ****ing bunch of ****ing imbeciles.

I just knew after they got a free kick in Scotland's half they'd go and give a ****ing penalty away when they chose a scrum. Then they go and give another ****ing penalty away. What is ****ing wrong with these ****wits.

6-0 down and the jocks have done the square root of **** all.

Last edited: