• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - England, Samoa, South Africa, Tonga, United States

vogue

International Vice-Captain
...is it just me or was that just a bit uninspiring...at least in the game with new zealand
i had Dan Carter to look at as a bit of eye candy.....:dry:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone whose gone for evens will be sweating, the handicap was over 55 at some websites.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I’m spoiled by Sky’s treatment of Rugby for ITV’s lack of stats is getting on my nerves. Aside from the territory it seemingly doesn’t show any of the players heights or weights and all of the other fancy superfluous, like how many test points Olly Barkley has…

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every time England got in a decent position, knock on, all gone. Utterly dire to watch.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I’m spoiled by Sky’s treatment of Rugby for ITV’s lack of stats is getting on my nerves. Aside from the territory it seemingly doesn’t show any of the players heights or weights and all of the other fancy superfluous, like how many test points Olly Barkley has…

Match was high-larious btw.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed.

Would have loved to be next to Brian Ashton with less than 20 minutes left and England looking totally unconvincing when, needing a creative spark and inspirational leader to organise the backs and provide some flair, Ashton turns to his bench and sees ... an ex-rugby league prop who captained the Great Britain rugby league team to 9 wins in 29 Tests.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The Springboks v Samoa should be a very interseting game, appartently Samoa have extremely strong forwards, will certainly be watching it. :)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Love Samoa so much. Given Saints some top players over the years. Apollo Perelini, Freddie Tuilagi, Maurie Fa'asavalu. Hope they reach the quarters.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unneccassary
Hardly, bastards isn't on the filter so I don't think I did anything wrong. I wasn't abusing a member, but a professional sports team who by comparative standards are pretty useless.

Anyway, hope Samoa do well and beat England. Respect Michael Jones so much.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Indeed.

Would have loved to be next to Brian Ashton with less than 20 minutes left and England looking totally unconvincing when, needing a creative spark and inspirational leader to organise the backs and provide some flair, Ashton turns to his bench and sees ... an ex-rugby league prop who captained the Great Britain rugby league team to 9 wins in 29 Tests.
Farrell's selection looking more & more like folly with every passing game. The simple fact is that he isn't quick enough, his shot knees having robbed him of whatever little speed he had, and that his distribution (whilst fair) isn't proving to be good enough to make up for this.

Makes me weep when I think we could've selected Geraghty or even Flood in his place. 3 outside-centres (Noon, Tait & Hipkiss) seems at least one too many as well.

Suffice to say that 28-10 against a team of amateurs, Tongan ex-pats, Saffie backpackers & an Aussie who happened to be born in the US is, frankly, dire. I couldn't even bring myself to watch the full replay after the Israel game.