• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting rates Lara ahead of Sachin. What a clown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Why shouldn't he rank him ahead of dear old "Sachin"?

Not sure why he shouldn't refer to him by his first name either, half the bloody forum does. At least Ponting has actually met the bloke.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So why doesn't he refer to Lara by his first name?

He's disrespecting one of them - ****ed if I know which though

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think most people from the Ian Chappell school of thought would rate them the same way that Ponting has done.

That said, I really think this is just an indication of how much Sachin staying on is letting his legacy slip. He may just go bananas in RSA and score loads of runs and make my post look stupid, but I seriously think the past year and a half are what has brought him closer to his peers in terms of people's opinions.

I obviously have always rated Lara to be the better test match batsman.

91Jmay

International Coach
Rating one of the best players ever above another one of the best player ever makes someone a clown? Oh dear.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I rate them exactly the same. And anyone sane will agree with me.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like buffoonery running amok here.

It's what happens to the lesser nations when the Ashes is on. Their more menial contests get reduced to the sideshows they really are, and the supporters tend to lash out. It's a common human frailty.

Or a frailty of common humans. I'm not sure which.

Prof

Cricket Spectator
Looks like buffoonery running amok here.

It's what happens to the lesser nations when the Ashes is on. Their more menial contests get reduced to the sideshows they really are, and the supporters tend to lash out. It's a common human frailty.

Or a frailty of common humans. I'm not sure which.
Lesser nations? Side-Shows? Looks like someone suffers forms superiority complex , go seek mental help.

Anyways @topic, So what if he rates Lara ahead of Sachin, thats just his opinion. Also whats wrong with Ponting calling Tendualkar by his first name, just cause you see Sachin as God dosent mean the rest of the world does too.

Status
Not open for further replies.