• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you hated at first, but now love?

salman85

International Debutant
That song,is so cringe worthy.I remember listening to it when it first came out and vowing never to get it another listen.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Shoaib Akhtar. Hated him after that test match in Kolkata where he took out Dravid and Tendy and then was invloved in Tendy Runout.

Right now he is one of my all time favorite player, I don't see a better sight in Cricket than Akhtar running to bowl.
Agree but never hated him. Well I did when I found out he took drugs. But wouldn't anyone?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Among Indian players, it took me a long time to start rating Gambhir. And Zaheer has been really good for a while now but I only properly got on the bandwagon quite recently.
awta re. Gambhir. I always thought he wasn't cut out for the highest level and was too loose around the off stump but he's proven me and all doubters wrong again and again. One of my favourites in the Indian team right now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
awta re. Gambhir. I always thought he wasn't cut out for the highest level and was too loose around the off stump but he's proven me and all doubters wrong again and again. One of my favourites in the Indian team right now.
I was on here in 2005 telling you all Gambhir would be a gun.

Yes, sure I did base my judgement on the fact that he was a good player for me in International Cricket Captain on my PC, but that's besides the point. It turned out to be correct :cool:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I was on here in 2005 telling you all Gambhir would be a gun.

Yes, sure I did base my judgement on the fact that he was a good player for me in International Cricket Captain on my PC, but that's besides the point. It turned out to be correct :cool:
I'm still holding out hope for Yashpal Singh. Absolute gun in ICC.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm still holding out hope for Yashpal Singh. Absolute gun in ICC.
Yeah he was scoring hundreds every other game for me. Thought he was Yuvraj (Y Singh) for a whole season before I checked the full profile :laugh:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Dhoni. Disliked him for his ugly technique initially but now he's one of my AT favourites.

Spark

Global Moderator
Gotta say Graeme Smith got a bit bucket of respect for the way he held himself, batted and above all walked out at Sydney in the last tour here.