• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you hated at first, but now love?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta say Graeme Smith got a bit bucket of respect for the way he held himself, batted and above all walked out at Sydney in the last tour here.
He was Captain Fantastic throughout 2008. Basically inspired his team by the force of his own performances to away series wins in England and Australia.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was on here in 2005 telling you all Gambhir would be a gun.

Yes, sure I did base my judgement on the fact that he was a good player for me in International Cricket Captain on my PC, but that's besides the point. It turned out to be correct :cool:
Nobody gives a **** about you and what you were saying six years ago ****, FFS every time you go near a keyboard something **** gets written. Knobhead!

Andre

International Regular
Andrew Symonds at the beginning of his career, but by the end he was my favorite player to watch. Used to not like AB de Villiers but reckon he's fantastic now. Andy Bichel was one too, never rated him till I got old enough to understand what a bloke like him brought to a team. Murali too - massive respect for him now, have grown to appreciate his freakish skills rather than doubt them.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Couldn't stand either Scott Styris or Kyle Mills when they were first playing for NZ. Styris seemed like a bits and pieces dibbly dobbly ODI bowler who batted at 9 but had pretensions of being a proper batsman. Mills was a frizzy-haired tard with a dodgy action who bowled full tosses and half volleys at the death to batsman like Pollock and Razzaq. Mills continued selection was a pet hatred of mine. Somehow they both turned the corner and turned into good ODI performers - I sure as hell didn't see the potential.

Wuv them both now :wub:. They proved me wrong.

Burgey

Value your feedback. Will take your suggestions on board.
:laugh:

My one wish for 2011 is that Gambhir gets messed up badly in Perth. Not some ordinary early out after a couple in the ribs, but I mean helmet, gloves, ribs, shoulder.. the works. And that he's hit wicket falling onto his stumps. That will be lovely.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nobody gives a **** about you and what you were saying six years ago ****, FFS every time you go near a keyboard something **** gets written. Knobhead!
We realise that you're not being serious here, but this is an example of the kind of over the top language that we're trying to move away from, and you will receive an infraction for abusive language.

Burgey

Little bit of a chuckle reading that post mate, and then the line of Jono's you've quoted in your sig :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As a Tranmere fan I had forgotten what three points felt like. Cheers for the infraction, lesson learnt and the forum will be a better place for it.

Himannv

International Coach
1. Tendulkar. Like him a lot more these days but always felt he wasn't worthy of all the praise before. He's changed the way he bats these days somehow and I like the improved technique.

2. Swann. Felt he was just another ordinary spinner and had no idea what the fuss was all about. I think I felt his success and stats were mostly luck. Think he's a fantastic bowler nowadays though.

3. Samaraweera. Felt he was awfully slow and annoying to watch initially but now absolutely love the guy. Really confident of his batting in tests.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
Brendon Mcullum- thought he was just a slogger and used to get alot of outside edges, actually a quality player

Dale Steyn- goes hard against India, but all in the name of the game! Great to watch!

Gilchrist- hated him because he always made aus win. love him now cos hes still class.

hayden- hated him as always did well against india but solid player tho

shane warne

glenn mcgrath

KP- used to think he was arrogant but is actually a very good guy

Daemon

All the recent Aussies after they retired (for obvious reasons) :laugh:

Hate Ponting now but will love him after hes gone for sure