• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players of some other country you would want in your side.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In all seriousness, I'd say Marchant de Lange , any of Australia's pace bowlers like Bird, Coulter nile, etc.

Shri

Mr. Glass
In the 90s? Would have taken Lehmann from Australia since they didn't use him much. Batsman who can bowl a bit of spin would have been nice for team balance considering our pitches at the time. And would have also taken Damien Fleming. ****, he would have been something else if he had played for us. And we had dodgy openers in the 90s as well so I would probably take Mike Di Venuto. Make Dravid open and take Stuart Law as well.

M Di Venuto
R Dravid
Stuart Law
S Tendulkar
D Lehmann
VVS Laxman
N Mongia
A Kumble
H Singh
J Srinath
D Fleming

And I didn't even get to Brad Hodge! And to think the fricking Aussies had the talent to keep those guys out from the test side. No wonder they were dominant.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
can't take Steyn, Johnson, Amla or Pujara. They have to be dispensable players, not key member.

morgieb

In the 90s? Would have taken Lehmann from Australia since they didn't use him much. Batsman who can bowl a bit of spin would have been nice for team balance considering our pitches at the time. And would have also taken Damien Fleming. ****, he would have been something else if he had played for us. And we had dodgy openers in the 90s as well so I would probably take Mike Di Venuto. Make Dravid open and take Stuart Law as well.

M Di Venuto
R Dravid
Stuart Law
S Tendulkar
D Lehmann
VVS Laxman
N Mongia
A Kumble
H Singh
J Srinath
D Fleming

And I didn't even get to Brad Hodge! And to think the fricking Aussies had the talent to keep those guys out from the test side. No wonder they were dominant.
Hodge wasn't much chop in the 90's tbh.

salman85

International Debutant
Either of Tim Paine or Matthew Wade.

Would solve our wicketkeeper crisis.decent batsmen.safe pair of gloves.all the keepers we have in our country these days are horrendously incompetent batsmen minus Kamran who is way too careless with the gloves.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
There is not a shred of doubt in my mind that Kamran Akmal was involved in match fixing.But he just seemed to be connected to the right people at the time which is why he got off lightly.

morgieb

Either of Tim Paine or Matthew Wade.

Would solve our wicketkeeper crisis.decent batsmen.safe pair of gloves.all the keepers we have in our country these days are horrendously incompetent batsmen minus Kamran who is way too careless with the gloves.
Wants a safe pair of gloves.

Selects Matthew Wade.

Unomaas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think all Saffa's would be happy to put Rory Kleinveld up for adoption in exchange for 1 of the following:

1. Zulfiqar Babar! Pak got Rehman & Ajmal. Its just damn unfair!
2. Dan "the man" Vettori! We'll give him more love than the New Zealanders! Besides, we know how to show old people respect here!
3. Pravin Tambe (I don't care if he's 40+, he can spin the ball dammit!)
4. Ajamtha Mendes! Don't care if his mystery has faded. Who needs mystery when you got Steyn, Vern and Morkel bowling from the other side.
5. Harbhajan! We will love him at Newlands and make spinning paradises for him!

Last edited: