• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players of some other country you would want in your side.

Mark68

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
There was an Indian domestic spinner who was around at the time of Bedi and Chandra, RS Goel or something like that. England would have taken him.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
There was an Indian domestic spinner who was around at the time of Bedi and Chandra, RS Goel or something like that. England would have taken him.
There have been quite a few good spinners from India who missed out on getting more opportunities because there were better options available. Murali Kartik, Ramesh Powar and Sarandeep Singh to name a few.

BeeGee

International Captain
Ben Stokes. He'd solve our third seamer issue and give us an incredible lower batting order.

He's basically a kiwi anyway.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Murali Kartik would have played 100 tests for any non sub-continental test side(except Oz who had Warne and Macgill).

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Murali Kartik also had some attitude issues I guess, might be another reason for him being overlooked even when he could have been picked at times.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AFAIC India had several decent spinners and middle-order bats that could've been good for other nations. In contrast their seamers and openers were generally of pretty bad quality (remember Sehwag was originally a middle-order bat).

ganeshran

International Debutant
We (India)'ll take Marchant DeLange. With Steyn, Morkel and Philander in the side, he is unlikely to break in the side any time soon and India would love an actual fast bowler in the side

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
India could probably make pretty good use of someone like Doug Bollinger too.

Simon Harmer for England?

Shri

Mr. Glass
I mean we sit here and talk about it but England just goes ahead and ****ing does it.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Before this game I would argue that any fast bowler in the Shield would walk into the Sri Lankan 'bowling' attack.

Harmer would be a good fit for England, though South Africa should really consider playing him now. Better than Tahir and Peterson IMO.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I think we might witness an Ashes-like rivalry between Ireland and England if it continues to happen. Boyd Rankin's selection was a bit too much, England has much better options than him.

Last edited: