• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player Comparisons compendium

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I Want to initiate this thread as the place to generate a list of all existing player comparison threads and polls. I humbly request your assistance in populating it with links, or at least a list of the same

Molehill

International Captain
Having recently moved over from a different forum, it's always heartening to know that there are people elsewhere pondering the abilities of the great man.

Heard on the news this morning that Bill Murray was dating Kelis, thought I'd misheard at one point and we had another comparison to consider....

Himannv

International Coach
Interesting how many back in 2007 were ready to rate Tendulkar > Kallis even as a batsman. Won't happen now I think.
Really? I'm surprised people incorrectly rate Kallis so highly. Tendulkar is clearly better and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better Test batsman.

In my view, he was really hard to bowl to even in the latter half of his career. The guy was rarely rattled by anything and generally had the technique to negate most bowlers. He accumulated runs without much fuss regardless of who was bowling to him.

I think people are just distracted because Kallis can bowl, but if I'm really comparing them, I'd probably rate Tendulkar's leggies about the same. In conditions that suited him, his leggies were quite hard to play.

ataraxia

International Coach
Shockingly there is no Ashwin vs. Lyon thread.

No poll though. @PlayerComparisons, stop lazing around and get on to it.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain

No poll though. @PlayerComparisons, stop lazing around and get on to it.
Hope I beat @SillyCowCorner1 to the meme.