• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player closest to being selected in both ATXI ( Test and ODI)

Choose the closest option

• Total voters

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
I've been thinking a bit more about my test XI and I'm leaning towards the following:

Hobbs
Hutton
Bradman*
Lara
Smith
Sobers
Gilchrist+
Wasim
Marshall
Warne
McGrath

Lara - Smith - Sobers gives a very nice left/ right/ left combination. The side bats down to 10 and has the most potent attack in history.

My ODI XI changes based on where the match is being played.
Weak Number 8 for an alltime 11

Victor Ian

International Coach
You know what? The answer is Bradman. The fact he didn't get to play a single ODI means nothing. He would have averaged about the same and had a strike rate among the best. There would be no way to control his runs having to bowl within the ODI corridor.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
You know what? The answer is Bradman. The fact he didn't get to play a single ODI means nothing. He would have averaged about the same and had a strike rate among the best. There would be no way to control his runs having to bowl within the ODI corridor.
Sobers = sachin + zaheer

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A non obvious pick who is definitely worth consideration in both t20 and ODI AT sides is Symonds. He has a claim to the ODI side and I fully believe that he was pretty much the archetypal t20 player. His record for Australia was pretty great too and that was after his ODI decline mostly.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
He's a good captain but an average batsman in T20s, I am gonna say no. I do place a fair bit of premium on International T20s instead of leagues for that assessment though.

Kohli easily has the best case by that metric, ABDV wasn't much chop in international T20s.
Dhoni has a very healthy T20 average. So just as reliable in T20 as in ODIs (but with similar failings too towards the end of his career)

srbhkshk

International Captain
Dhoni has a very healthy T20 average. So just as reliable in T20 as in ODIs (but with similar failings too towards the end of his career)
Nah, in ODIs he had a healthy average and a respectable SR, in T20s his average was fine but his SR was always below average, part of the reason why he got his first 50 so late.