• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's not the most pressing issue, but did anything ever happen with this?
The left over money is still sitting there. Don't worry, there's no way I would run-off with it :)

We decided we'd hang onto it in case it was needed for postage and other associated costs. Once this is brought to a close, it will be donated of course with the CW community deciding where it goes.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Everyone was really emotional back then but now that I've had more time I really think the URL and Logo might make it seem like we're using it as an opportunity to advertise. I personally think it's still appropriate to fly it all over but if it's in the back of my mind then I'm sure a few members of the public may wrongly interpret our intentions.
I agree with this.

While we know our intentions, it's unclear what others would think of it, and I think a lot of people might be a bit skeptical that we are using the grief as a means of promoting CW.

And I kind of also feel like the time for public grieving might be over, and it might be best for us people not connected to Hughes to let his friends and family be with their grief.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey all,

Just wanted to see what everyone thinks we should be doing with this now. From most peoples recent comments in the thread it would seem the feeling is that this has run it's course and should now be put to bed? If that's what the community wants then we can donate the surplus funds to a suitable charity and decide what we want to do with the flag.

If anyone is still interested in taking the flag to an Ashes test I'm flying over to the UK in the middle of Jun so can bring the flag with me and save on the International postage, if not let's have some suggestions on a suitable charity to donate the funds to and also ideas on what we could ultimately do with the flag.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think we should donate the rest of the money to one of the charities we sourced earlier or even to Nepal.

cnerd123

likes this
Given how Nepal hosted a Phil Hughes memorial match I think it would be fitting to donate whats left to them.

Can we send the flag to the Hughes' family?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Given how Nepal hosted a Phil Hughes memorial match I think it would be fitting to donate whats left to them.

Love both these ideas.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Good ideas. Would be worthwhile to donate to an education charity in Nepal imo.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Please don't send the flag to his family. If you're going to send it anywhere, maybe his local club?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's taken 12 years of posting on here, but I've finally come up with something sensible.

James

Cricket Web Owner
His local club sounds like a good idea.

Anymore suggestions on where we should donate the money to? So far we only have a Nepal charity suggested.