• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Updated list of people who've said they'll donate:

Adders
Burgey
Spikey
GIMH
Ajude
Spark
Howardj
Morgieb
El Nino
James
Dontcloseyoureyes
Jan
Daemon
Howe_Zat
Dan
Neil Pickup
Stapel
Tom Halsey
Wiff
Cabinet96
BackFootPunch
strawman
Hendrix
Nate
Johnners
Andyc
Гурин
Viscount Tom
Prince EWS
Shri
indiaholic
Ankitj
nightprowler10
Flem274*
cpr
Gnske

37 so far by my count.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome......thanks for doing that Cab (saved me a job :))

Guy's with 37 of us and the flag being around AUD $110 that's bugger all each..........are we all happy to go for 2 flags and do one for Sean Abbott as well? That would mean we'd each have to donate around AUD $6.

Assuming the Indian test series does proceed (probably without Brisbane) it's a shame but we wont have time to get this done for Adelaide, which would have been awesome considering it was Phils home ground, but realistically we are looking at Melbourne and Sydney.

So we still need volunteers for anyone going to these test matches that would be willing to put these flags up for us. To be honest I had no intention of going to the boxing day test myself but I'm thinking I might now and for the first time in my life support the Baggy Greens in honour of The Prince. If I do it will more than likely only be day 2 and maybe day 3. I'll give this some more thought and let you know, if I do of course I'm more than happy to get on flag duty.

It's awesome how many are willing to donate to this but it will all be in vain unless we can get some folks willing to help with the flags at the ground.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Adders
Burgey
Spikey
GIMH
Ajude
Spark
Howardj
Morgieb
El Nino
James
Dontcloseyoureyes
Jan
Daemon
Howe_Zat
Dan
Neil Pickup
Stapel
Tom Halsey
Wiff
Cabinet96
BackFootPunch
strawman
Hendrix
Nate
Johnners
Andyc
Гурин
Viscount Tom
Prince EWS
Shri
indiaholic
Ankitj
nightprowler10
Flem274*
cpr
Gnske
Maximus.
The Big Bambino
flibbertyjibber
BeeGee

Sorry to post the list again, but since this is the most up to date version and I can't obviously edit Cab's post with additions.

You're on Max.......Hey are you going to the boxing day test?

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Would you and your folks be up for receiving our flags if we get them posted to you (unless we find anyone going to day one) and hanging them up at the ground? As I've said a few times in here, you don't need to police them all day........just tie them up to a suitable spot in the morning and leave them until the end of the day then collect them. Of course if you want to get your mug on TV you can certainly hang around behind them.

the big bambino

International Captain
Put me in for a donation but I may have missed the method of payment. Maybe a separate closed thread that gives the payment instructions?

cpr

International Coach
Does anyone know any stewards/staff at any of the grounds? If we can't get someone at the game for each day we might be able to get someone inside to hang it for us - a club official might sanction us leaving it up for 5 days - who knows what kind of nice things we can write about the ground/club in return, publicise future games for them etc. Obviously have to be careful it doesn't come across as a cynical marketing ploy, as our only objective is to show support.

As an aside, and I'm only posting it here as I've not posted in any of the other threads - I feel the CW site is very much lacking ATM. If I was coming onto a cricket site for the first time, comparing Cricinfo and CW, I'd probably shy away from CW - The Phil Hughes story is merely one link amongst others, no more prominent than a book review. Compared to Cricinfo with a huge banner paying tribute, and CW almost comes across as uncaring. Obviously thats not the case given the amount of outpouring here, but no new visiter will get past the front page and here based on a first impression of the CW site.

I know CW doesn't cover cricket in the same way cricinfo does, but still I feel underwhelmed by CW on this. Not even a picture of Hughes on the front page - the story is only noticeable by one mention of his name in the small print to the link....

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The forum is what defines CW and the homepage doesn't show that. But that's discussion for another thread I guess.

cnerd123

likes this
Don't we have a forum outage coming up tmrw?

Would be nice to have a Hughes memorial up in place while the forum is down.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Put me in for a donation but I may have missed the method of payment. Maybe a separate closed thread that gives the payment instructions?
It's via Paypal to cricketweb@gmail.com. BUT DON'T SEND ANY FUNDS YET. We still have a bit of sorting to do before this is a goer.

Yeah that should be fine Adders
Your a champ mate:) Unless we find anyone going on boxing day I'll get the flags sent to you......we'll work out address details etc later. Are you definitely day 2? If any others are going to the Melbourne test stick your hands up us we'd like this to happen at as many days as possible.