• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Wiff, I sent a message to James requesting a high res image of the CW logo and gave him your email addy as you supplied it to me.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Wiff, I sent a message to James requesting a high res image of the CW logo and gave him your email addy as you supplied it to me.
thx adders.

As for the wording, what should we go with?
"stay strong Sean"
"Stay Strong"
anyone else got anything?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
always with you the only thing I could think of - so hard to know what to say.

cpr

International Coach
If you are putting the logo on, then just go with Stay Strong, otherwise it gets a bit cluttered (depending on size/placement of logo). A name is not needed, everyone knows who its for

wiff

First Class Debutant
If you are putting the logo on, then just go with Stay Strong, otherwise it gets a bit cluttered (depending on size/placement of logo). A name is not needed, everyone knows who its for
I tend to agree with this…keep it simple…don't over complicate it….the banner shows support. The only thing I feel is that there should be support for Phil's family and friends as well but one banner can't say everything ...

James

Cricket Web Owner
Its a delicate thing, we cant't put too much on the banner or it gets lost or is too small. Maybe making it simple is the best. Here is another version with a contrasting background colour
View attachment 21593
Awesome work with the banners wiff. Top job!

My opinion would be stick with the green background with the yellow border. Looks nicer I reckon.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent......this is all starting to come together.

Wiff has done a superb job with the banners and they are far better than I ever imagined we'd come up with.

So we've got Max going to day 2 of the Melbourne test, and I'm contemplating going to day 3 (but I need to get a job first before I run that one past the missus !!) If anyone is going to day 1 and can help out with the banners shout out today otherwise we'll get it sent to Max for day 2.

Any volunteers for Sydney? Dan mentioned earlier in the thread he may be able to help out........is that still a possibility Dan? If so what day(s) are you likely to be attending?

It would be great to get them to as many days as possible of the tests, so if you're going.......don't be shy, we need your help :thumbsup:

James - Once we've established who we are sending them to in Melbourne I'll forward you all the contact details and email correspondence I've had with the flag makers so you can organise payment. Then we'll open up the donations to your paypal account.

James

Cricket Web Owner
James - Once we've established who we are sending them to in Melbourne I'll forward you all the contact details and email correspondence I've had with the flag makers so you can organise payment. Then we'll open up the donations to your paypal account.
No worries Adders, sounds good :)

Do we need to however look at getting a schedule together of who is going when and outlining that to ensure we have coverage?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Also, any suggestions on what we do with these banners once we're done?
I'm not sure if it's appropriate but perhaps we could look at getting the Abbott one to Cricket NSW to pass onto him if we all agree that would be a good thing to do? I've spoken with some people at Cricket NSW previously, so if they're still about, I could get in touch. It's a tricky situation because would he really want the constant reminder. I'm not so sure he would.

The Phil Hughes one I'm really not sure what's appropriate. Maybe we could send it to his local cricket club?

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, it's tough to know what to do with them.......their local clubs sounds like it might be an idea. I guess we've got a little time to think about it and chuck around some ideas.

As for a schedule of those attending on what days, so far we've only really got Max who has said he's going, I've just sent him a message to see if that is confirmed before we lock him into it. I'm really keen to go to day 3 of Melbourne but can't commit just yet.....hopefully will be in a position to do so next week. Other than that Dan did mention that he maybe be able to help in Sydney.......we'll see if that is still on when he is next online.

Once we get some more takers we can definitely get this worked out more formally.

JONO!!!! - Surely you're going to the Melbourne test? Or has the BCCI paid you a truck load of money not to attend? If you are, are you willing to help us out?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it's tough to know what to do with them.......their local clubs sounds like it might be an idea. I guess we've got a little time to think about it and chuck around some ideas.

As for a schedule of those attending on what days, so far we've only really got Max who has said he's going, I've just sent him a message to see if that is confirmed before we lock him into it. I'm really keen to go to day 3 of Melbourne but can't commit just yet.....hopefully will be in a position to do so next week. Other than that Dan did mention that he maybe be able to help in Sydney.......we'll see if that is still on when he is next online.

Once we get some more takers we can definitely get this worked out more formally.

JONO!!!! - Surely you're going to the Melbourne test? Or has the BCCI paid you a truck load of money not to attend? If you are, are you willing to help us out?
I'm pretty sure he lives in Sydney now, though IIRC he mentioned going to all 4 (3) Tests.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Adders yes please send me the flag makers details….also need to confirm flag size and our final design (green or orange background?) and wording on the SAbbott flag

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Wiff.......email sent to you with the contact details.

I personally favour the green background for the Sean Abbott flag with the wording "Stay Strong Sean"

Anyone else got any thoughts?