• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pathetic Bowling actions

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just curious to see what people thought on some cricketers bowling actions. Probobly been a thread about this but we will see....

Couple examples are Andre Nel and Sulieman Benn, but i am sure there are a hell of a lot more, going back a while, Colin Croft had quite a strange bowling method. Anyway, who has got pathetic bowling actions and who has got the worst????
I'm assuming your meaning "ugly" action as opposed to "pathetic" because to me the latter suggests we would be describing an ineffective bowler.

pup11

International Coach
Paul Adams, Dirk Nannes, Tanvir are all bowlers with actions that do the phrase "frog in the blender" perfect justice.

pup11

International Coach
What the hell? You ever seen Nannes bowl?
Yeah a lot of times, and his is not a smooth action, there are arms and legs all over the place when in his delivery stride, not the most perfect bowling action but his bowling is effective nonetheless.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Matthew Mitchell
Richard Dickinson
Neil Pickup
Pah, mine (and Mithcell's AAMOF) is perfectly good. I'd not be a bowler of the slightest note if I didn't have a decent bowling-action.

I'd say Pickup's and Anna Butler's are both diabolical tho.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I like his action though, probobly because it is like mine but i think it's effective and i love a good slinger.
It certainly is effective and I will never contest the view that some may like his action as it is a subjective opinion...

BTW, adding to the list is Zaheer Khan, who I also dislike to watch bowl...is it worrying that a left arm medium pacer often dislikes watching many others of the same style?