• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pat Cummins receives highest honour in world cricket - Australian Test Captaincy

Shady Slim

International Coach
pretty disappointed with smith getting the VC unless that's where he stays, but it's a great day for australian cricket to see pat cummins get the top job

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
Most of them have said Shane was the best captain we never had but I believe McGrath was the best captain that Australia never had,It's been long time since Walsh,Pollock and Waqar we got a pace bowler as a captain.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Most of them have said Shane was the best captain we never had but I believe McGrath was the best captain that Australia never had,It's been long time since Walsh,Pollock and Waqar we got a pace bowler as a captain.
whenever people say this they bring up like the one ODI where he was captaining whilst Waugh was off the field

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McGrath seems dopey as dog **** when he talks. Much like Langer

mr_mister

pretty disappointed with smith getting the VC unless that's where he stays, but it's a great day for australian cricket to see pat cummins get the top job
You don't believe in second chances? Especially considering he was arguably least at fault of the Cape town 3

Shady Slim

International Coach
You don't believe in second chances? Especially considering he was arguably least at fault of the Cape town 3
nobody believes in second chances more than me, he just wasn't a very good captain

like even before cape town i was saying this, he wasn't ever particularly good at doing the captaining itself

Chubb

International Regular
It's more that it showed how unsuited his personality is for it. As someone else said, it is not good for him as a person or for the Australian cricket team. Just let him score runs.

mr_mister

I know Smith is a little "eccentric" (not to Labuschagne levels mind you), but tbh nobody from the current team appears to me to be anything other than a sheltered athlete. Keep in mind these people have never had to do a normal 9-5 day ever

Paine was meant to be the adult in the room to guide the dillusionioned group of blokes out of this debacle and look what kind of person he turned out to be