• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Part time bowlers you love to watch?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Nathan Astle and Craig McMillan. Both capable of a bit of movement in the air and able to keep a nice tight line.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting, Blewett, Smitteh, Bevan of the Australians I can think of in recent times.

Hooksey

Banned
The 'partnership breaker' Doug Walters was a bit more than a part timer. But always good to watch.

It also gave Doug something to do in the field. Because otherwise he'd be doing things like counting the crowd - one by one.

Doughie had some interesting theories. One was that the second half of every hour went slower because the hands on the old analogue clocks at cricket grounds had to battle gravity on their way up to the 12, and had gravity to assist on their way back down to the 6.

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually like to watch David Warner bowl, don't know just like to watch leg spinners at work.

Overall though, loved to watch King Carl bowling his lolipops, especially when Boycott was in the working in the box.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I liked something a bit different, or working to a plan (other than containment, or giving others a rest)

So;
the wrist spin of Bevan and Smith.
Watson bowling full reverse in duckers
Craig White ditto
Blewett also ditto
Craig McMillan during his bouncer phase