• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
That's the issue we have created with the 5th bowler so it's last WC all over again. Faf mentioned Markram but with him and Duminy out I have absolutely no idea. They probably can't go the 7/4 split this series coming because Pretorius is there but I don't think that means much.

Klaasen will probably get a few overs in this series too.
I would have liked to have seen Mulder in the squad, and we played all of Morris, Dwaine, Mulder, Andile in all the matches and said. Shoot out guys....

I`m assuming lack of Markram and Duminy is just to give opportunities to others. Duminy injured?

Last edited:

Dendarii

International Debutant
I would have liked to have seen Mulder in the squad, and we played all of Morris, Dwaine, Mulder, Andile in all the matches and said. Shoot out guys....
I think the squad's only for the first few matches, so they may have initially left Mulder out to let him get some overs under his belt for the Lions before bringing him back, which isn't a bad idea.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I think the squad's only for the first few matches, so they may have initially left Mulder out to let him get some overs under his belt for the Lions before bringing him back, which isn't a bad idea.
Think that will be the case. Supposedly he told a reporter his target is the T20s v Pakistan so they may let him finish the 4-day season with the Lions.

SeamUp

International Coach
This wicket really falttened out and you hope the inconsistent bounce will help but it rarely does. Thinking our near chase v India and Australia's chase v us when Cummins took them home.

Definitely want a fast green top v England next summer at the Wanderers. We've blown them away twice before if memory serves me correct when we did it.

SeamUp

International Coach
The Shadab/Faheem combo needs to be played as much as possible, will win Pakistan a lot of games in the future.
Shadab definitely suits away more than Yasir. Gets lovely over-spin and bounce. Love his action. Of course he still has things to work on but what a package he is and only 20.

Bahseph

State Captain
Shadab is the real deal. Saw him in England and I liked him straight away. It's like the combination Afridi offered but in a more classic package.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Yeah, kind of gets lost in the mix when it comes to wristspinners with Sandeep, Rashid, Kuldeep etc. But I think hes the real deal and as you say still only 20

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to see SA win the series 3-0 and get the job done. Well done boys.

Pakistan seems to have so much potential but don't feel like a team playing as a unit. I hope they continue to improve as a strong Pak team would be really good for world cricket.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Tbf the margin flatters pakistan. They still got bowled out within 1 session here and this would have been embarrassing if saf had fielded truer to form in the first innings.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I fear Shadab will develop more as a limited overs cricketer going forward. Let's hope not.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Shadab is the real deal. Saw him in England and I liked him straight away. It's like the combination Afridi offered but in a more classic package.
Totally agree. Think he's very strong mentally too. Can see him going well in Aus/NZ (unfavourable conditions) if given the opportunity.

Last edited:

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
He needs to play more white ball cricket. He bowled okay In this game but tried too many variations too often for me. That part of his game should mature though.