• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Pakistan tour of South Africa, 2018-19

26 - 30 Dec,1st Test
SuperSport Park, Centurion

03 - 07 Jan,2nd Test
Newlands, Cape Town

11 - 15 Jan,3rd Test
Wanderers, Johannesburg

19 Jan,1st ODI
St George's, Port Elizabeth

22 Jan,2nd ODI
Kingsmead,Durban

25 Jan,3rd ODI
SuperSport, Centurion

27 Jan,4th ODI
Wanderers, Johannesburg

30 Jan,5th ODI
Newlands, Cape Town

01 Feb,1st T20I
Newlands, Cape Town

03 Feb,2nd T20I
Wanderers , Johannesburg

06 Feb,3rd T20I
SuperSport, Centurion

Marius

International Debutant
Looking forward to this series. SA will win the Tests, but I think they won't have it all their own way.

anil1405

International Captain
Looking forward to see Mohammad Abbas showcase his trade in conditions that would suit him.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Looking forward to this series. SA will win the Tests, but I think they won't have it all their own way.
Little worried that most of the main players are playing hit and giggle until 10 days before the first test.

I'm also very disappointed that Mulder is injured. I know that he probably needs more time at FC level, but he is currently the only proper potential world class batting allrounder in the country. Really think he is good enough and even though young its not like SA have not picked quality 20 year olds before.

Marius

International Debutant
Will there be any surprises in our Test squad?

I guess the team is likely to be (barring more injuries):

- Markram
- Elgar
- Amla
- De Bruyn
- Faf
- Bra T
- QDK
- Philander
- Maharaj
- Rabada
- Steyn

Quinny is probably under pressure to make runs, I could see Klaasen getting a gig if QDK doesn't make runs. Apart from that I think the side is pretty settled.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
What about Amla haven't seen him getting any runs lately.

Honestly what has happened to him?

He should be averaging 55 in Tests by now.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member

- Markram
- Elgar
- Amla
- De Bruyn
- Faf
- Bra T
- QDK
- Philander
- Maharaj
- Rabada
- Steyn

Quinny is probably under pressure to make runs, I could see Klaasen getting a gig if QDK doesn't make runs. Apart from that I think the side is pretty settled.
Klaasens is more a LO player for me, has not done enough at international level yet to put Quinny under pressure, but QDK seriously needs some runs.

Otherwise pretty settled as you say. de Bruyn and Bavuma, need to get runs along with QDK this series.

Marius

International Debutant
Klaasens is more a LO player for me, has not done enough at international level yet to put Quinny under pressure, but QDK seriously needs some runs.

Otherwise pretty settled as you say. de Bruyn and Bavuma, need to get runs along with QDK this series.
I think De Bruyn should be given at least the Pakistani series, he was one of our only batsmen who enhanced his reputation in Sri Lanka.

smash84

The Tiger King
the shoulder scans reveal nothing too serious and hopefully Abbas is fit for the SA series.

Having said that, Pakistan will get smashed 3-0 and at least one of the defeats will be an innings defeat if not 2 of them

SeamUp

International Coach
A real mix and match for the warm-up game.

Marques Ackerman of KZN Coastal will captain the South African Invitation XI to play Pakistan in a three-day match at Willowmoore Park, Benoni from December 19 to 21, ahead of the three-match Test Series between the visitors and the Proteas which starts at SuperSport Park, Centurion, on December 26.

The squad will assemble on December 18.

SA Invitation XI squad:

Marques Ackerman (KZN Coastal, captain), Matthew Breezke (Warriors), Tshepang Dithole (Gauteng), Simon Khomari (WSB Cape Cobras), Thandolwethu Mnyaka (Free State), Rivaldo Moonsamy (Multiply Titans), Tshepo Ndwandwa (SWD), Onke Nyaku (EP), Joshua Richards (Gauteng), Kyle Simmonds (Boland), Rubin Trumpelman (Northerns), Lwandiswa Zuma (KZN Inland)

GRAB

First Class Debutant
the shoulder scans reveal nothing too serious and hopefully Abbas is fit for the SA series.

Having said that, Pakistan will get smashed 3-0 and at least one of the defeats will be an innings defeat if not 2 of them
We are talking about the two most predictably unpredictable sides in international cricket performance-wise?

akilana

International 12th Man

- Markram
- Elgar
- Amla
- De Bruyn
- Faf
- Bra T
- QDK
- Philander
- Maharaj
- Rabada
- Steyn

What about Bavuma? He always gets a pass. QDK has done more with the bat than Bavuma and QDK is also a very good keeper.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
How long are they going to stick with QDK?

I know Klaasens is not test material, but how about another new bloke.

QDK's form of late has been depressing.