• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I think there's an argument for a second spinner, but perhaps not him. I get the appeal of Shamsi, being a left-arm wrist spinner, but I'm yet to be convinced by him at international level.
They should have had more of a look at Maharaj. Everyone else has seemingly got a look in but they haven’t given him many opportunities in the past two years. Just the four games so far.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
They should have had more of a look at Maharaj. Everyone else has seemingly got a look in but they haven’t given him many opportunities in the past two years. Just the four games so far.
I agree they should give Maharaj a go... but I do feel playing him is more about extending our batting than trying to find the best bowler for LO's.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
A big issue with SA batting is that unless one of our top 4 bats through, we have almost no ability to recover. And QDK is the only batsmen in that top 4 that can really get us off to a good start and give us momentum; which is desperately needed with our lack of consistent finishers in the lower order. I am glad to see our batting put under pressure by this good Pak attack though, we can see where we really are.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yippee -that's a great scorecard to come home to.

How did Rizwan keep? What of Malik's captaincy?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Been 11 years since South Africa last lost a ODI by 10 wickets and its never happened at home before.

Dendarii

International Debutant
This is not even a competitive 20/20 total on this ground. We go to Cape Town for the decider.
And because for some ridiculous reason they scheduled a day-night match at Cape Town, the series could very well end up being decided by who wins the toss..

smash84

The Tiger King
Is there a chance Hafeez bowls very little before the World Cup and then chucks it left right and Centre at the tournament as there’s a good chance he’ll retire after?
Lol, now that I think about it, this not a bad strategy for Hafeez. He's definitely retiring after the WC.

Borges

International Regular
A big issue with SA batting is that unless one of our top 4 bats through, we have almost no ability to recover.
Four? That's is fine. A big issue with the current India batting is that unless one of our top 3 bats long, we have no ability to post a competitive score.

Borges

International Regular
This is a proper thrashing.
Now show a modicum of common sense; don't ask Steyn and Rabada to bowl any more. This is a lost cause.