• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Minister warns Pak cricketers not to indulge in match-fixing

Lostman

State Captain
As if Butt would ever give that job up.
makes you wonder what more Butt would have to **** up so that he loses his job.

1) "Guaranteed presidential level security" to SL team.- Fail
2) Report of attack (about 3 months late)- Fail
3) Talk in bookie circles (English etc). -Fail
4) Ban/unban half the team- Fail

Only ones I currently remember, sure there is quite a bit more I am forgetting.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
makes you wonder what more Butt would have to **** up so that he loses his job.

1) "Guaranteed presidential level security" to SL team.- Fail
2) Report of attack (about 3 months late)- Fail
3) Talk in bookie circles (English etc). -Fail
4) Ban/unban half the team- Fail

Only ones I currently remember, sure there is quite a bit more I am forgetting.
5) Looks that makes Kamran Akmal look like Brad Pitt - Pass

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I know squat about Pakistan politics, but it strikes one as a truly bizarre thing for a staesman to say to his national team before a semi-final against their closest rivals.

"Good luck, chaps. Do us proud." more usual, yes?

angad

U19 12th Man
haha...........Imran is king
Aamir Sohail just now on Dunya News blasted Imran Khan for not defending his country in front of the Indian crowd, and said it was pathetic on behalf of Imran to say such things about Pakistani Politicians, because after all, whenever you talk in India, you are representing your nation.
^ from PP. :ph34r:

smash84

The Tiger King
Sohail has Flem's triceratops stuck up his arse.
haha......yeah.....Flem's triceratops is stuck up his arse and really wrecking that place :ph34r:

Sohail is just a piece of ****.........probably wants Rehman Malik off his back in case they have plans to record Sohail's calls too :ph34r:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Geo is reporting that Afridi complained to the PM of Pakistan when he (the PM) called Afridi to wish the team good luck. What a ****ing needless distraction by this idiot. I hate that the team is paying any attention to this nonsense. They should take Imran's advice and have a complete media black-out till the game.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ridiculous. For one, sounds like the bloke is hugely corrupt as it is. But more importantly, shouldn't a team already know they shouldn't be getting mixed up in match-fixing? I can't imagine a (hypothetical) Pakistani player thinking of getting involved in match-fixing, but then watching his TV, seeing this announcement and suddenly thinking "you know what, maybe this isn't the right thing to be doing."

jeevan

International 12th Man
I know squat about Pakistan politics, but it strikes one as a truly bizarre thing for a statesman to say to his national team before a semi-final against their closest rivals.

"Good luck, chaps. Do us proud." more usual, yes?
Didn't you answer your own conundrum? No statesman would do such a thing...

godofcricket

State 12th Man
This was completely ridiculous from Rehman malik, another low from zardaris rat, the worse part is i guess he hasn’t really realised the mistake otherwise he would have publicly appologised to the team, and now he has issued another statement asking players to stay away from strangers. I am amazed how much time he has to issue these useless statements when the country is suffering from a crisis, the best thing he can do for all of us and the pakistani team is just shut his mouth.

smash84

The Tiger King
This was completely ridiculous from Rehman malik, another low from zardaris rat, the worse part is i guess he hasn’t really realised the mistake otherwise he would have publicly appologised to the team, and now he has issued another statement asking players to stay away from strangers. I am amazed how much time he has to issue these useless statements when the country is suffering from a crisis, the best thing he can do for all of us and the pakistani team is just shut his mouth.
awta