• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Otherwise (Very) Good Players who Look Crap asf

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a particularly good test player but Rory Burns has one of the strangest techniques I have seen

No idea why he hasn’t tried a more orthodox approach as he’s going backwards

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm taking this thread a different direction. I don't think the crab people like Chanders, Katich, Smith (both S and G), Lehmann etc. should qualify. Personally I love those techniques and they don't look "crap" as in quality-wise, just aesthetics for some people.

Let's make this thread about Travis Head. Who is not only horrible to watch but also looks like he should be getting out all the time and average about 7.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm taking this thread a different direction. I don't think the crab people like Chanders, Katich, Smith (both S and G), Lehmann etc. should qualify. Personally I love those techniques and they don't look "crap" as in quality-wise, just aesthetics for some people.

Let's make this thread about Travis Head. Who is not only horrible to watch but also looks like he should be getting out all the time and average about 7.
Guy has an eye like a dead fish and must be incredibly frustrating to bowl at

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Daily reminder that Head > Wade.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Mitchell Johnson's bowling action was dreadful to watch especially in his earlier years. I will also add Jacques Kallis's shoulder heaving action too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My fellow nzers are going to hate me for this and I say this as a huge fan:

Ross Taylor

Played some glorious shots but also had a strange ability to look like he’d forgotten how to bat while not getting out
He definitely looked absolutely putrid against left arm spin.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What about his posts?
I hope he never posts here or discovers it exists and/or has any compulsion to ever read one of my posts. Can't imagine it going well for me.

Can you sue someone for consistent negative commentary bordering on abuse on an anonymous online forum?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope he never posts here or discovers it exists and/or has any compulsion to ever read one of my posts. Can't imagine it going well for me.

Can you sue someone for consistent negative commentary bordering on abuse on an anonymous online forum?
We should invite Sanga here and find out.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't know if i'de call him a "good" player but something about the way mitch marsh bats just looks off to me. Don't know why.