• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe Tri-Series (Zimbabwe, India, Sri Lanka)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome from Zimbabwe :). Why didn't India score more? 285/5 just smacks of "we could score more, but we're better than you and therefore don't need to". Yusuf Pathan could have utterly demolished this attack with its lack of real pace/bounce. Why did he only face five deliveries?

Seems rather conservative to me, somewhat overdoing the rebuilding.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is this Dinda and why is he opening the bowling for India?
India have rested a lot of bowlers for the series. Dinda did well in the first IPL, continued to do well and used the elevation he received in domestic OD cricket to elevate himself to ODI cricket.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Well done Zimbabwe.

They are almost returning to a best possible XI, amazing considering the strife the country finds itself in. They have the balance right now, some older experienced hands, and a mix of very good youth (Cremer has improved out of site since I first seen him bowl). Another decent pace bowler will be a great help, cannot rely on a 4 spinner combo forever.

Chubb

International Regular
Quality. Real quality. That was a fine performance and again it shows the massive improvement in the attitude and ability of the side under the new conditions in Zim cricket.

masterblaster

International Captain
Well done to Zimbabwe on a great performance. On the aspect of resting the senior players, I'm with Jono on this one. You have to develop a solid lineup of reserve players who need international experience under their belt.

Experience counts for a lot and even though they lost this match it'll go a long way in teaching the younger players on what they did well and what they didn't do so well. You always tend to learn more from a loss than you do from a win.

Burgey

Haha, this is brilliant. Good on the Zimbobs (though tbh I've got dramas about their being allowed to play with that bloke still in charge).

Lol India. Just gold.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Well done to Zimbabwe on a great performance. On the aspect of resting the senior players, I'm with Jono on this one. You have to develop a solid lineup of reserve players who need international experience under their belt.

Experience counts for a lot and even though they lost this match it'll go a long way in teaching the younger players on what they did well and what they didn't do so well. You always tend to learn more from a loss than you do from a win.
yes it is important but for that you can have 'A' tours international cricket should not be treated as a testing ground until or unless its a dead rubber or something.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Players should rest during domestic competitions, not international ones, IMO.
I take it you didn't see the comment I made after that sentence, noting that in an ideal world, players would have missed the IPL or the World T20 before an ODI tri series.

_Ed_

I did. But they didn't do that, and I was just saying I think that's wrong.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I take it you didn't see the comment I made after that sentence, noting that in an ideal world, players would have missed the IPL or the World T20 before an ODI tri series.
There is no way in hell that this tri-ODI series is more important than the World T20. 3 years ago I'd have shot myself for saying that, but its true.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Ahh, you know it is business as usual when India and Sri Lanka prepare to duel in limited overs cricket.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
You got to feel for Vinay Kumar. He's the best seamer in India on domestic records, and had a decent game last time, and finds himself dropped inexplicably for a rather average (and less versatile) spinner, while the others stay on. It's a disappointment, for he's got it in him to represent the country in limited-overs cricket for some time.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Mishra bowling well, without luck.

Meanwhile, a dreadful ad is doing damage to the brand image of MicroMax mobiles.

A correction- commentators say there was an accident at a training exercise- that caused Vinay Kumar's injury. Still sad, though.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The third spinner in to the unit has really assisted keep the pressure on Sri Lanka today. Hopefully, this will contribute to a future policy of three spinners and two pacers. Yadav and Dinda both have some pace about them too, it'll be interesting to see how they do outside of subcontinental and Zimbabwean conditions.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You got to feel for Vinay Kumar. He's the best seamer in India on domestic records, and had a decent game last time, and finds himself dropped inexplicably for a rather average (and less versatile) spinner, while the others stay on. It's a disappointment, for he's got it in him to represent the country in limited-overs cricket for some time.
He is injured.. twisted his ankle playing soccer in practice..