• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe Tri-Series (Zimbabwe, India, Sri Lanka)

Xuhaib

International Coach
haha serves India right for sending a B team for an international tourney.If you are so worried of player burn out then don't play.

tooextracool

International Coach
Does anyone else find it interesting to see that more than half of this Zimbabwe side is white? Cant remember the last time that happened.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
haha serves India right for sending a B team for an international tourney.If you are so worried of player burn out then don't play.
Why?

Why not play youngsters?

I do not see this "serves them right" sentiment. No one making excuses hear, India will cop this loss.

I'd prefer to see some youngsters in a random ODI tournament. It'll still make money, and we can test the depth.

Sir Alex

Banned
Why?

Why not play youngsters?

I do not see this "serves them right" sentiment. No one making excuses hear, India will cop this loss.

I'd prefer to see some youngsters in a random ODI tournament. It'll still make money, and we can test the depth.
All that is fine, if they manage to WIN. There is no point in testing bench strength when you're losing matches because that adds nothing to anyone's confidence, be it the players, the selectors or the public.

Play2win, or don't compete.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Why?

Why not play youngsters?

well I am of the school of thought if its an international tournament then you should always send your first XI.Its disrespectful for opposition giving them the signal that you are not taking them seriously.

pasag

RTDAS
Just realised SL is playing ODIs against India. Good to see this finally happening after a couple of years of the sides ignoring one another.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
All that is fine, if they manage to WIN. There is no point in testing bench strength when you're losing matches because that adds nothing to anyone's confidence, be it the players, the selectors or the public.

Play2win, or don't compete.
Well we now know that this team can't win, don't we?

Can't figure that out without trying them.

Sir Alex

Banned
Well we now know that this team can't win, don't we?

Can't figure that out without trying them.
Wouldn't have needed a nostradamus actually, considering you've some 3 debutante pace bowlers, slow pitch, only one genuine spinner, just one batsman averaging above 40, combined experience lower than Zim's, totally underconfident bunch of 'allrounders' coming out of a disastrous world Cup campaign, floater and test reserve opening, both out of form etc etc.

Seriously these trundlers are better than Ishant or Sree? Wtf is the selectors vision?

Given the pitches and the opposition, it'd been perfect time to inject some much needed confidence into Ish and Sree, who by no means have been dire in the format that counts, but were made to suffer on terrible home pitches in shorter versions, which probably has resulted in downing their confidence.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
India should have played 1st choice team to make a statement in the international arena for their support to Zim.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why?

Why not play youngsters?

This

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Good. Serves India right for not playing their best team here. I've hardly heard of some of those guys.
I don't think your tone is well placed. India have not sent a second team out of sheer arrogance. Of course, it is partially because Zimbabwe are weak opposition for the first team, but also that we must be prepared for a bout of injuries, must rest players after the IPL and World T20 (in an ideal world, players would have missed either of the aforementioned) and our players must be sick of playing Sri Lanka in ODIs by now. There is little to gain for the experienced players from this series. However, this is useful for discerning who the true future stars are and also to put some genuine contenders on the map for the seam bowling spot, an area where even the first team are weak.

Someone who has been watching the pacers in the nets may see Vinay as behind Yadav and Dinda, but notice how the latter did not pick up wickets and Vinay had two (one with a rank long hop, but the other with a great slower one). Yadav, who looked impeccable in the IPL is shown wanting on the slow pitch, this sort of information is priceless as we build an ODI unit. Also, Rohit has earned an extended spot in the ODI setup too, he may otherwise have been discarded, something which I did not want to see happen, if someone can score 40s and more at IPL level, without resorting to slogging, it requires time and experience to do the same at ODI level, imo, nothing more.

Last edited: