• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in South Africa Thread

kof98

U19 12th Man
Bacher has played well in the past few seasons but I don't think he is the solution to the gap left by Gibbs moving down the order. At the moment Rudolph or de Villiers would be a better option. It will be interesting to see who the selectors eventually decide on in the long run.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Gibbed said:
Here's an exercise for you :

Go to www.google.co.za

- Click on Afrikaans
- Select bladsye uit Suid-Afrika
- Search for crumpet and go to the first result

Yes, a bunch if dogs...over here we eat pancake's for breakfast. :p
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: very good!
Now you all know why woman hate being called crumpet or b*tches. Men rate us on the same level as dogs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
6-0-60-0 :D :D :D

Even better he came on in the death overs when SA had wickets in hand, but went for 12 in his one over, kind of negating the theory about good bowlers at the death :D :D :D

Chubb

International Regular
South Africa heading for 300 again.
Gavin Ewing hasn't done too badly. Rogers on the other hand, well, he's only a part-timer. God knows why their bowling him. Maybe they haven't got an option. Personally, if I was Taibu I'd bowl myself.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Chubb said:
South Africa heading for 300 again.
Gavin Ewing hasn't done too badly. Rogers on the other hand, well, he's only a part-timer. God knows why their bowling him. Maybe they haven't got an option. Personally, if I was Taibu I'd bowl myself.
For your benefit, the RSA innings ended a while ago - they scored 329/6 thanks to Kemp as mentioned above. The 7th wicket pair put on 41 in the last 2.2 overs, of which Boucher contributed three. :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
Watched the match today

* Langeveldt didnt bowl too well

* From a Zimbabwean point of view, at least Barney Rogers and Sean Williams looked a bit like they belonged here.. Thought Rogers batted very well.. Maragwede shouldn't play again..

* Bacher bowls like Chris Harris and shouldn't really be taking 2-36 off 10 :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Gibbed said:
Here's an exercise for you :

Go to www.google.co.za

- Click on Afrikaans
- Select bladsye uit Suid-Afrika
- Search for crumpet and go to the first result

Yes, a bunch if dogs...over here we eat pancake's for breakfast. :p
I found a rather tasty dish involving crumpet from the Crayfish Inn restaurant in Ramsgate,

My point still stands :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
And I've wondered why he's played at all.
Which simply says that I've watched him more than you.
And I can't get the word "nepotism" out of my head, either.
So why's he not played for the last 7 years, then?
Especially given that Ali is not currently involved in any way.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Because selectors actually look at what's happened rather what they think should have happened?
Err... the selectors, I imagine, have watched domestic cricket, too - probably more than me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
What the hell have you got against most of the Cricketing World apart from Graeme Smith and Prosper Utseya?
I haven't got anything - it's just most people like to see as much good as they possibly can.
Even when there's little there.
Corey called tec a curmadgoen not long ago, too.
There's players I'm more fond of than Graeme and Prosper, too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
6-0-60-0 :D :D :D

Even better he came on in the death overs when SA had wickets in hand, but went for 12 in his one over, kind of negating the theory about good bowlers at the death :D :D :D
Because I've called him a good death-bowler so many times, haven't I?
What's so surprising about a set of rubbish, rubbish bowlers, none of whom bar one are anything close to being good enough to play ODI-cricket, going for a stack at the death? Nothing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LongHopCassidy said:
A series is a series, old boy.

Youi can't just exclude them because you know you'll win. How will they develop?
By playing the sort of standard of cricket where they won't be totally outclassed?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
* Langeveldt didnt bowl too well
No, which is a shame, it really is. :( A chance missed. And judging by his career before now (in, out, in, out, in, out, in, out...) he really can't afford too many of them.
* Bacher bowls like Chris Harris and shouldn't really be taking 2-36 off 10 :)
I'd agree with the 2nd part, and certainly not the 1st.
Because Harris has taken 10-36-2 before now, and better, and deserved the whole lot.
Harris is a very good ODI bowler - Bacher is a poor excuse for one.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
kof98 said:
Bacher has played well in the past few seasons but I don't think he is the solution to the gap left by Gibbs moving down the order. At the moment Rudolph or de Villiers would be a better option. It will be interesting to see who the selectors eventually decide on in the long run.
I'm very happy to see Gibbs batting so well at four, especially given how terrible he was for most of 2003 and 2004 as an opener.
Personally I think Rudolph is a much better ODI player than Prince - but while Prince is going like he currently is, no contest.
If de Villiers is going to play, it has to be as an opener.
I'd love nothing better than to see him and Bacher put-on 200 for the first wicket with both getting centuries - good headache for the selectors, that'd be.
Rudolph is an interesting case - I only relatively recently noticed he's an opener - yet he's done pretty well in ODIs down the order.
Has he always been an opener?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
No, it says one of us is right and the other is wrong.
Well, yes, that too, but I've watched him bat well - you've only seen him bat poorly.
And you've also only seen him bat... twice, probably.