• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in South Africa Thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Wow... Woww neil..
Neil realises England's ODI side will have their credibility seriously damaged if Zimbabwe make so much as a half-century in this series... or take so much as a 3-for.
I hope Panyangara and Chigumbura get smashed all over the place and Utseya continues his good start... and I hope to got Nel gets some really good figures - he needs them.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I've heard of Seymore, Kuhn, Toyana and Abrahams.. Tbh thats a second XI they've put out.. Will still give the Zimbos a quality hiding though.. Guess Morné is Albie's bro?

Sad to see what should be a really gritty rivalry turn into this..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Because they imply that it's open for debate that Zimbabwe and Bangladesh aren't proper international sides.
When in fact it's the most obvious thing in The World.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Suspect my man Charl Langeveldt will make an "appearence" at the first ODI.. About time I had him as my avatar..
I fully expect him to be unplayable if the atmosphere is heavy.. Where are they playing anyway?

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
What is up with Zimbos not picking Rainsford, he really impressed me in the Champions trophy. is he injured or wot?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Because they imply that it's open for debate that Zimbabwe and Bangladesh aren't proper international sides.
When in fact it's the most obvious thing in The World.
Yes, because they have full status, so that means that they are proper International sides.

Marius

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
I've heard of Seymore, Kuhn, Toyana and Abrahams.. Tbh thats a second XI they've put out.. Will still give the Zimbos a quality hiding though.. Guess Morné is Albie's bro?

Sad to see what should be a really gritty rivalry turn into this..
Yes the Morkel playing in this game is Albie's brother. Albie is in the squad to play against Zim in the one-dayers. Kallis is the only big gun rested for the entire series, but the selectors said that Polly, Smith and Makkie will all be given a break in the one-dayers. I think this series is going to be painful to watch, SA has picked up alot of momentum from the series against the Poms, I think the Zimbos are going to get slaughtered. It is so sad to see it happen though, Zim used to have a decent little team, now they are just totally and utterly crap. Hopefully the youngsters in the team will learn from all the hidings again, and Zimbabwe can once again reemerge as a half-decent international side.

Chubb

International Regular
At least Sean Williams did well for Zimbabwe. And Blignaut will return soon as well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Yes, because they have full status, so that means that they are proper International sides.
And the fact that they have the status doesn't mean they're worthy of it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Chubb said:
At least Sean Williams did well for Zimbabwe. And Blignaut will return soon as well.
I do hope not - I actually hoped he might go to Australia and make something of himself, rather than wasting himself on Zimbabwe.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Marius said:
Yes the Morkel playing in this game is Albie's brother. Albie is in the squad to play against Zim in the one-dayers. Kallis is the only big gun rested for the entire series, but the selectors said that Polly, Smith and Makkie will all be given a break in the one-dayers. I think this series is going to be painful to watch, SA has picked up alot of momentum from the series against the Poms, I think the Zimbos are going to get slaughtered. It is so sad to see it happen though, Zim used to have a decent little team, now they are just totally and utterly crap. Hopefully the youngsters in the team will learn from all the hidings again, and Zimbabwe can once again reemerge as a half-decent international side.
Nothing from Zimbabwe will rise from the dust until Mugabe is deposed, unfortunately.
We must simply all hope it's sooner rather than later.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Suspect my man Charl Langeveldt will make an "appearence" at the first ODI.. About time I had him as my avatar..
So your screenname is based on him?
He darn well should be your perminant avatar, then!
Amazing he's only ever made sporadic appearences at ODI level ITFP... amazed how poorly he's done this season in domestic-ODers tho...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
So your screenname is based on him?
He darn well should be your perminant avatar, then!
Amazing he's only ever made sporadic appearences at ODI level ITFP... amazed how poorly he's done this season in domestic-ODers tho...
Yeah, my CW posting debut came pretty close to this cool fast bowler's debut.. With AAD on his last legs I decided to take the plunge.. nearly 3 years later it payed off against England! Charl is a top guy and a fast bowler who preserves the values of line, length, subtle movement, and knuckling down and getting on with it.. I appreciate that in a cricketer..

Kristin beats him on the avatar front though..

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Nothing from Zimbabwe will rise from the dust until Mugabe is deposed, unfortunately.
We must simply all hope it's sooner rather than later.
With each day, we come one day closer to the end of Mugabe's Zimbabwe.. I hope the future is good, and re-investment takes place.. Its going to take ages for people and their money to return, if they ever do..
The only benifit is it will be a lasting reminder to Namibia and South Africa on how not to go about transformation.. And Zimbo may one day be the most beautiful country in Africa again.. But hoping for stuff in Africa isn't the most rewarding thing...

Chubb

International Regular
He is 80, but if he dies you can expect one of his Zanu acolytes to seize power. But maybe whilst the Zanu leadership fight amongst themselves there might be a revolution. I don't think the Zanu will last for long after he's gone. Maybe a year or less.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Amazing that we can almost rely on there being NO international intervention when he finally goes.. Who's to say there won't be the next Robert Mugabe?

He won't be assasinated, the coward hardly leaves his Harare residence now..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
I do hope not - I actually hoped he might go to Australia and make something of himself, rather than wasting himself on Zimbabwe.
Blignaut is not good enough to play 1st Class cricket in Australia, if he stayed in Australia all he would end up is as a grade cricketer. I think he is going to Bangladesh to play for ZIM A in the last OD.