• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in South Africa Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kemp got stumped by the width of a small bridleway, trying to put Utseya into orbit.

Zimbabwe competed well in the middle overs, but Boucher's experience and Panyangara and Chigumbura's lack thereof combined to let it slip at the death.

Chubb

International Regular
I'm surprised Sky chose to show this series instead of New Zealand v. Australia- I guess all the equipment and commentators were in South Africa after England.

The match is over. Zimbabwe have been taken apart. But the fact that Adam Bacher got runs probably shows how poor the team is.

Streak, Carlisle and Blignaut can't come back soon enough! With them Zimbabwe might be able to beat Bangladesh, at least. And the youngsters would have someone learn from.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chubb said:
I'm surprised Sky chose to show this series instead of New Zealand v. Australia- I guess all the equipment and commentators were in South Africa after England.

The match is over. Zimbabwe have been taken apart. But the fact that Adam Bacher got runs probably shows how poor the team is.

Streak, Carlisle and Blignaut can't come back soon enough! With them Zimbabwe might be able to beat Bangladesh, at least. And the youngsters would have someone learn from.
Sky has the rights to the SuperSport feed in South Africa.. It does not have the rights to the feed for New Zealand..

Hence the reason SA v Bangladesh and SA v Zim gets televised, and NZ v AUS doesn't..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Mpofu bowling hit-me balls at Bacher - even the prince of uselessness taking boundaries off the Zimboks. 300+ on the cards.
What the hell have you got against Adam Bacher?
God forbid you're willing to judge him on a single innings where he played one terrible shot...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Gibbed said:
Game should finish just in time for the Super 12 :ph34r:
For once, I decided to watch the Sharks v Stormers game over the cricket..

Interesting times, the empty Wanderers depressed me..

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Worst. Wicket. Ever.

Huuuge Matsikenyeri full toss. Smith hoiks. Misses. LBW.
We don't see many LBW's with a full toss, do we? I can't remember if I've ever seen one before.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
From everything I've seen of him this winter he has looked at best unconvincing and at worst a liability. He doesn't seem to have the facility to deal with late movement in the least, appears very weak on the front foot (nothing wrong at all on the back foot). Haven't done too much detailed technical analysis on him but I was never bothered when he was at the crease against England and that instinct's rarely wrong.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Personally I've seen him bat sometimes and I've wondered why he's not played 100 ODIs.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
Personally I've seen him bat sometimes and I've wondered why he's not played 100 ODIs.
And I've wondered why he's played at all. And I can't get the word "nepotism" out of my head, either.

Gibbed

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
the empty Wanderers depressed me..
Can't really blame us though, its kinda like getting into bed with Liz Hurley and finding out she's really a he...a bit of an anticlimax after the Engalnd series and all.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Gibbed said:
Can't really blame us though, its kinda like getting into bed with Liz Hurley and finding out she's really a he...a bit of an anticlimax after the Engalnd series and all.
hahaha.. All the hot chicks down there and you're talking about Liz Hurley??!

Gibbed

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
hahaha.. All the hot chicks down there and you're talking about Liz Hurley??!
Ohh, didn't know you'd seen our beautiful woman, we try tell as few people as possible.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Gibbed said:
Ohh, didn't know you'd seen our beautiful woman, we try tell as few people as possible.
Yeh, I was too young to develop a real appreciation.. Or any notches on the bedpost for that matter..

I've seen and heard some good evidence since, and my business studies gave a glowing report of the local "crumpet"

Gibbed

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
Yeh, I was too young to develop a real appreciation.. Or any notches on the bedpost for that matter..

I've seen and heard some good evidence since, and my business studies gave a glowing report of the local "crumpet"
Here's an exercise for you :

Go to www.google.co.za

- Click on Afrikaans
- Select bladsye uit Suid-Afrika
- Search for crumpet and go to the first result

Yes, a bunch if dogs...over here we eat pancake's for breakfast. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
What the hell have you got against Adam Bacher?
What the hell have you got against most of the Cricketing World apart from Graeme Smith and Prosper Utseya?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Because selectors actually look at what's happened rather what they think should have happened?