• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in New Zealand 2012

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For a chap missing a couple of toes, Guptill fair motors between the stumps. Would he be the quickest BC over 20 metres or would it more likely to be someone else like Williamson or one of the McCullum lads?

_Ed_

It's torture being at work when there's international cricket on.

Has the bowling standard slipped since that good start? Or have the batsmen played well? Or a bit of both?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
For a chap missing a couple of toes, Guptill fair motors between the stumps. Would he be the quickest BC over 20 metres or would it more likely to be someone else like Williamson or one of the McCullum lads?
Ummm, I think he might be the quickest. Although when I was at the Napier test Brendon McCullum out sprinted him when they both chased a ball down to fine leg from the slips.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach

Has the bowling standard slipped since that good start? Or have the batsmen played well? Or a bit of both?
While the bowling hasn't been as good, Guptill has started to place the ball extremely well, there was a lot of hitting the fielders in the first couple of overs. Also they were batting pretty defensively in the first 4-5 overs, once they took the attack to the bowlers their line and length started to err a bit.

Zinzan

Ummm, I think he might be the quickest. Although when I was at the Napier test Brendon McCullum out sprinted him when they both chased a ball down to fine leg from the slips.
Lol, that was a reality check for him

Zinzan

You'd be getting double time & a day in lieu working today wouldn't ya? :cool:

Actually, Zim bowled really well up-front...Guptill has just pounced on anything. Quality batting regardless of the opposition.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Lol, that was a reality check for him
There was a fist bump, and Brendon had a bit of a chuckle. The competitiveness was great.

Also, there was another time during the test where there was a 4 man sprint down to fine leg.

Zinzan

There was a fist bump, and Brendon had a bit of a chuckle. The competitiveness was great.

Also, there was another time during the test where there was a 4 man sprint down to fine leg.
lol, by 'reality check', I was referring to the close run-out a minute ago

Zinzan

Awesome, did they mention the distance as 118 metres?

I can only remember 2 of Chris Gayle's blows going further than120 tbh

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Awesome, did they mention the distance as 118 metres?

I can only remember 2 of Chris Gayle's blows going further than120 tbh
I initially thought it was Guptill's 6, but it was Nicol's. Guptill's would have been 105ish, maybe?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Guptill vs Zimbabwe

86* (108)
74 (97)
105 (121)
70 (66)
65* (63)

:laugh:

With the last 4 coming in consecutive ODIs.

thierry henry

International Coach
Slightly sick of hearing about Guptill's hot run of form. He's been going well but it's been entirely against Zimbabwe and at domestic level. Interspersed in there was a series of struggles against Australia. Still unproven when the **** gets real.

BeeGee

International Captain
Horrible miss from Taibu.

Superb partnership, though. Did the hard yards early while the bowling was good and the ball was moving, then they've slowly increased the RR, and now they're totally dominating. Perfect.