• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in New Zealand 2012

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned, but that NZ side has to be one of the most unbalanced we've ever selected. 7 bowlers used including 6 blokes who are predominantly in the side to bowl, and of the 3 blokes not used we had a genuine T20 all-rounder, a batting all-rounder (albeit sh*t in both disciplines) and a former test opening bowler with a test match hat-trick.
This is Franklin you're referring to in the bold, right? I'd like to suggest he's not half the bowler he was when he took that hat-trick, nor when he opened the bowling. I'd also like to point you to the fact his economy rate in the HRV Cup was 10.14.

Balance to a T20 side is much different to balance in a 50-over side, or Test for that matter. With Ellis at 7 (as it was originally), Mills at 8, Southee/Hira at 9 etc it's more than sufficient. And every single player, the keeper apart, is able to bowl (albeit part-timers you'd only call on when other options go wrong) I'd suggest to you the balance is quite decent.

In any case, that isn't the side that will play a World Cup T20 match. It's an experimental series. Otherwise why would they pick someone like Colin who is the worst player in the history of the world?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1/31 off 3 is not a good return. Certainly doesn't qualify as "in the wickets" - let alone "again" - unless your definition of "in the wickets" is "took a wicket".

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
1/31 off 3 is not a good return. Certainly doesn't qualify as "in the wickets" - let alone "again" - unless your definition of "in the wickets" is "took a wicket".
Haha, I thought the same thing. I guess by definition, he was in the wickets as he took one and also took another one at Eden Park. But this is about Milford Hall, so shoosh.

Let's take stock here again, last night was not our best side. Bracewell will come back, which provides hitting power in the middle to lower order. Taylor won't be back for the SA T20s but will be for the World Cup. As will Jesse, in all likelihood. Like Ed said, there's no one else knocking on the door.

thierry henry

International Coach
This is Franklin you're referring to in the bold, right? I'd like to suggest he's not half the bowler he was when he took that hat-trick, nor when he opened the bowling. I'd also like to point you to the fact his economy rate in the HRV Cup was 10.14.

Balance to a T20 side is much different to balance in a 50-over side, or Test for that matter. With Ellis at 7 (as it was originally), Mills at 8, Southee/Hira at 9 etc it's more than sufficient. And every single player, the keeper apart, is able to bowl (albeit part-timers you'd only call on when other options go wrong) I'd suggest to you the balance is quite decent.

In any case, that isn't the side that will play a World Cup T20 match. It's an experimental series. Otherwise why would they pick someone like Colin who is the worst player in the history of the world?
Serious, Franklin has declined as a bowler? This isn't our future first choice side? Cheers bud, good info.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Serious, Franklin has declined as a bowler? This isn't our future first choice side? Cheers bud, good info.
Cheers for your attempted dissection of a cricket side.

I wish all those who you faced/played in your career the very best, so that they can be rated and pointed out as worthy of international selection